Followers

Saturday, 30 June 2012

30th Wedding anniversary card and follower candy

DSCF0500 DH asked me to make a 30th wedding anniversary card for his friends who will be celebrating with a party on Saturday 16th June.  We did get invited to the party but we had already accepted another party invitation from another friend.  It's a bit like buses - nothing for several weekends and then two invites (three including an invite to visit dear friends who we haven't seen for a while) for the same weekend.  I've made the card using SU's Soft Suede and Sahara Sand cardstock from their mixed pack of cardstock.  The designer papers are from the SU Mocha Morning speciality range.  I even pulled out the Shimmer Paint to give the Sahara Sand cardstock well some shimmer.  Nesties were used to create the sentiment mats and an XCut border punch rof the striped paper.  Finished off with some SU Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon and pearl jewels.  The sentiment is from a retired SU Hostess set.


Yesterday we started off with brilliant sunshine but later in the afternoon we had heavy rain and thunder!  I had managed to get the washing which I had put out in the morning in before it poured down - my arrival back from food shopping was just in time.  As it was so miserable in the afternoon I managed to get quite a bit done on the Fat Man SAL which I will post an updated photo of tomorrow along with the progress I have made on the Yiotas cross stitch Landscape

Today I have to go to the hospital with Colette who unfortunately is bordering on diabetes during this pregnancy.  Colette has to test herself three times a day now and has been told to try and keep it under a certain level - I met them while food shopping yesterday and they were busy looking at food labels trying to find out how much sugar everything contained.

Not sure what the rest of the day has in store but I hope you all enjoy your day and thanks for visiting.  I have just noticed that I have reached 100 followers so I think I will have a little giveaway.  If you would like to be entered into the giveaway please leave a comment and let me know what your favourite craft is and I will pick a gift to match the craft.  I will leave this open until the end of June.  Please note this is for my exisiting followers only.

11 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design and fab colours.xxx

angelwhispers said...

This is just so beautiful and so elegant! Loving the papers and wow what a great sentiment stamp. Have a great day Linda can't wait to see your sampler. I love stamping!! But you know that!! lol

Love and hugs to you and Colette can't be nice for her checking all the time and what a nightmare shopping I know when I'm trying to diet it must add an extra hour on the shopping just checking lables!

My name is Wynneth said...

Beautiful card Linda I'm sure the couple will love it. Sorry to hear of college's problems such a worry for you. Kathy and I managed a little play with our pan pastels yesterday evening. I have to get a dt card made today as I'm behind schedule with it! Have a gr8 day.
Luv
Wynneth
X

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

This is just beautiful my friend, really very sweet indeed.

I was thinking, what is my favourite craft, it's a toughy... I am really enjoying the quilting at the moment so for this week the quilting, but I flit between cross stitch, knitting, card making and scrapbooking and at the moment have a real urge to do some scrapbooking... So many nice crafts and no time to do them in.

K xx

Jill said...

Poor Colette, hope that she can sort it out. Loving the card by the way. Jill x

catherine said...

This is a perfect card for the occassion Linda and a shame you couldn't be in three places at once!!
Rain again here as well at the moment.
Hope Collette is coping ok .
x catherine

Julie said...

A very elegant card, it's beautiful.

I hope all goes well at the hospital for your daughter - its amazing when you look what things have sugar in that you didnt realise.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congrats on the 100 followers!
I'm a cross stitcher as my craft of choice.
I do enjoy reading about other crafts though, and drooling over the pictures too!

Lucy said...

Hope Colette finds the easy to eat foods soon. Some supermarkets produce lists of their own brand foods that are suitable for special diets eg diabetics, dairy free etc so it might be worth asking at customer service or emailing customer service to see if they have one.

I love the card & congratulations on 100 followers. It makes my 10 look very small but I don't blog as much as you or create nearly such lovely things so I'm happy x

Lucy said...

Tee hee - I've just noticed you seem to be posting in a time warp of some sort as you're posting in the future - that's very clever!

Mrs A. said...

Gorgeous card. Very elegant. Hugs Mrs A.