Followers

Tuesday, 26 June 2012

3 down 3 to go

DSCF0509Yesterday afternoon I was able to finish the third chart on the Fat Man SAL so it's halfway to being completed now.  I've decided to work on another of the charts next week instead of the bird house which I think I will probably leave until last.  It's hard to believe we are already at week 12 of the SAL so if progress continues as well as it has I'm hoping that it will be finished in at least another 12 weeks which will be around the 17th September - a target I'm now setting myself.

It was a rushed start to the morning yesterday.  I had a 5am start and I set my alarm on my mobile phone as usual but for some reason it didn't go off.  I was woken up by a text message from my work colleague asking if I'd forgotton to pick her up - this was at 4.40.  I leapt out of bed quickly getting dressed and rushed out of the door to pick her up and sped into work -thankfully not many people around at that time of day and parked up in the nearest place possible to work.  It was then a mad scurry up the hill to work and we managed to clock in with 2 minutes to spare!  All I can say it was a good job the text came straight through and wasn't floating around for hours as can sometimes happen.  When I got home this afternoon I set the alarm several times and each time it failed to go off.  When DH got home he tried ringing me and it seems the sound has gone on my phone - so the alarm was probably going off but there was just no sound.  It's a very old phone, a hand me down from the children so I guess it's time for me to get myself a new one.  In the meantime I will be buying a small alarm clock while out with mother today as I have another 5am start on Thursday.
DSCF0508
Over the weekend I was also able to work on my months of the year and finally finished off May.  I was hoping to get May and June completed this month but not sure if that will happen.  I might just make a start on June this week but don't think it will be finished so that could carry over to July.  I think May is one of my favourites at the moment it so bright and cheery, but perhaps that could also because it's my birthday month too.

Wimbledon has started and today I will be agonising with hundreds of others as we watch Andy Murray start his campaign.  It's almost as agonising as watching the England football team!

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Your stitching is coming along fabulously Linda, I wondered if you would try and do a little while we were there last saturday ! What a nightmare with your alarm not going off - I hate starting the day like that. As you say, thank goodness the text came straight through.
luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Fat Men looks lovely, i always think when you are in a SAL the weeks whizz along worse than ever as you can measure each week when its time to get the SAL stitching out again.

I too have an ancient phone, it does get some odd looks when it goes off and i am out, but i love it. It's a girly pink and answers and makes calls, sends and receives texts and take a really good picture too, so why would i want to swap it for one of those new fangled things that i wouldnt have a clue how to operate.

I no have a vision of you with an alarm clock with a clanging bell on the top of it waking you up lol.

Enjoy the tennis xx

Barbi said...

Has it been 12 weeks already??? WOW!!! Love your blocks! I finally finished my 3rd one too.

Veronica said...

Oh my, I did not realize it's already week 12 of the SAL. Yours look great. Congrats on the halfway point :) May is so pretty.

Hugs,
Veronica.

catherine said...

Looks like the stitching is progressing well Linda. That's happened to me a few times so I don't bother with the phone now. Glad your enjoying the tennis
x catherine

katica said...

Wow time sure does fly when you are having fun!! Love your progress on both your lizze kates! They both look wonderful!