Followers

Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Where did the last week go?

 I can't believe it's almost a week since I last blogged - not sure where the last week has gone.  Apart from the weekend most of it was spent working.  I did manage to get some stitching done during the week on various projects and yesterday I was able to put in a couple of hours stitching on the Fat Man SAL before having to go into work.  I also managed to get an hours worth of stitching done later in the evening when I went round my friend Moya's for a crafting get together. 

DSCF0410
I had hoped to get the second chart finished but I think I spent most of the evening unpicking some of the scarf as I kept miscounting!  Still it's coming along and I am sure I will be able to make a start on chart three next Monday. 



This morning I was up fairly early and managed to get a lemon cake in the oven and my pile of ironing from the weekend done by 9.30 so pleased to get those two jobs out of the way.  It left me about an hour to put some more stitches into the four horses before going into work today.
DSCF0411
The weekend flew by all I can really remember is spending Saturday catching up on cleaning and doing the washing.  I also managed to get the rest of the borders weeded out in the back garden and getting a few stitches in four horses.  Sunday we had a visit from DS1 and family in the morning and then in the afternoon I had to go and get some food shopping - complaints from the two men in the house that there was hardly anything to eat.  We were treated to a gorgeous Sunday roast at our daughters which was cooked by her husband Tim and a fantastic job he did of it too.  We've been invited again this Sunday - roast beef to look forward to this time.
I've got three more late shifts at work this week so not sure if any crafting will get done - there are a ton of challenges I would like to take part in but not sure if I will succeed or not.  Still Friday will be my last day before I can look forward to a nice nine day break from work - fingers crossed the weather will be kind to us and we can get out and about for day trips and some jobs that need doing in the garden.

8 comments:

catherine said...

Linda you have been busy and trying to fit some time in for yourself!!. Sounds like you had some nice time with your family. Oh I'm looking forward to the time when I get invited to Sunday lunch and don't have to do it myself - lucky you
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

My word ironing and baking before 9.30 boy how good are you I'm usually just getting up!!! lol Not crafted all week spent some time organising my stamps and digi's. Your stitching looks beautiful and love the snowmen! Love Chanelle xxx

Barbi said...

You made great progress on your snowman. That lemon cake looks amazing!

katica said...

Your lemon cake looks wonderfully delicious!!!

And you've made great progress on you Fat Men! Looks great!

Karen K said...

The stitching is coming on Linda, the cake looks lovely and well done you for getting that pesky ironing done.....

Last week flew by for me too...and can't believe we are at Wednesday already.

k x

Veronica said...

I'm hungry looking at your lemon cake ^.^ Good progress on 6 Fat Man.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Julie said...

Fat Men is looking lovely and the cake looks really tasty.
I think a lot of ladies have to juggle gardening with their stitching this time of year, so their crafting time is reduced.

Lucy said...

Glad you've got some time off coming up - you deserve it. Did you get my email?