Followers

Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Jingle Belles–Embossing challenge

 Something other than stitching to share with you today.  I finally got round to making the cards for the Jingle Belles challenge which was from two weeks ago.  I am hoping that I will actually get the current Jingle Belles challenge completed this week and entered on time!
DSCF0443
The last challenge was to use embossing on your design which could either be dry embossing or heat embossing.  I decided to use a die cut to cut out some trees and then ran them through my Cuttlebug using a spotty embossing folder.  I also stamped up a scrap of white cardstock with Versamark ink and then used a pearl embossing powder and heat set with my heat tool.  I used a couple of Martha Stewart punches to cut out some snowflakes.  The sentiment is from an SU Hostess set and I've added some grey Bakers twine to ground the tree.

Today is my birthday and I have been very lucky and received lots of lovely handmade cards from friends and also some lovely gifts from both family and friends.  My MIL bought me a galvanised watering can which I have wanted for sometime - I know not the most exciting present but it will make watering the garden especially seedlings far easier (once I really get into the gardening lark).  There is a story attached to this present in as much as the in laws asked Ian what they could get me.  He suggested the watering can with a rose so on Sunday MIL and youngest son when to the garden centre to look for one and came back and said to Ian that they couldn't find one with a rose on - they had thought he meant it was decorated with roses and not the rose spray head!  Apparently yesterday Ian took MIL up the garden centre again to get the required item after chuckling to himself quite a bit.

We've been out for a lovely walk around Kit Hill this morning with Max and had lunch at the lovely cafe at the bottom of the hill.  We also called in at the Kelly Bray craft shop as on Saturday I managed to pick up two packets of needles the same size.  They swapped them without any trouble and I also picked up a lovely lighthouse stamp from the Michael Powell range of stamps that DoCrafts have brought out.  Not sure what the rest of the day holds but it's been lovely so far. I hope you are all having a good day whatever you maybe doing today.

4 comments:

catherine said...

A very Happy Birthday to you Linda and hope your having a fab day. These cards look so stylish. Hope you have lots of fun with your new watering can.
x catherine

Jill said...

Glad you have got back to paper craft!

Love those galvanised watering cans they are wonderful traditional gardening tool, jolly hard wearing as well!

Looking forward to our coffee meeting on Monday.

Jill x

Julie said...

Happy birthday to you!
A watering can is a wonderful gift,it'll last for years.
Beautiful cards.

My name is Wynneth said...

Sounds like you had a lovely birthday with lots of pressies and a nice trip out.

luv
wynneth
x