Followers

Thursday, 3 May 2012

Jingle Belles challenge

 Although I'm too late to post my cards to the Jingle Belles challenge this fortnight I did at least manage to get the challenge completed and so I've got another six Christmas cards ready for this year.  The challenge was to re-use, re-cycle, etc.
DSCF0317
I received this package a while ago which contained a lovely cross stitch kit and I kept the packaging knowing that I could use it some time, well the time came with the Jingle Belles challenge.  I've used the tissue paper as a layer on my card and the raffia ribbon that it was tied up with to put through the tag.
DSCF0166
The papers are from an Anna Griffin Christmas paper pad - totally gorgeous and very traditional.  The cardstock is SU's Ruby Red (retired) and I think Always Artichoke.  The green cardstock I embossed with an embossing folder and the red cardstock I used a Marianne die.  All the edges were distressed and inked up using a TH ink pad and the stamped image is from a retired SU set called Old Fashioned Christmas (one of my favourites still).  The sentiment is a Kanban one and I've stamped this onto a frame which is a Sizzlets die from SU.

The new Jingle Belles challenge comes out tomorrow, hopefully I will get that one completed way before the deadline this time.

I've now got four days off from work so hopefully I will get plenty of time to enjoy the bank holiday weekend.  We are having Logan overnight tomorrow and taking him to Buckfastleigh on Saturday where they are having a Thomas the Tank engine weekend.  At the moment he is mad on trains so we are hoping he will really enjoy it - I know we will enjoy having him to ourselves for 24 hours.

4 comments:

Karen K said...

Gorgeous Linda and enjoy little Logan

k x

catherine said...

Fab cards Linda and great colours. Great use of the recycling. Hope you all enjoy your day out
x catherine

Julie said...

Fabulous recycling of the paper and tie, they look stunning.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hi, just returning the following. Love your Fat Men SAL.
Hope you enjoy Thomas, my older son learned all his numbers through Thomas and his friends!