Followers

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Remember this?

Do you remember the Friends cross stitch I finished stitching?
DSCF0099
Well it has finally been made up to look like this. I spent Wednesday and Thursday evening stitching it by hand and gave it to my friend Jacqueline for her birthday yesterday.
DSCF0214
It's by no means perfect but as it's the first time I've ever made anything into a cushion before I'm pleased with my attempt and the most important thing is I think Jacqueline was too.
It's been a funny week in the sense that I haven't had to work quite so many hours and yet I seem to have had less spare time to spend on my crafting. I have managed to put in a few stitches on the mystery cross stitch project and a few hours on the four horses but apart from that I've not managed any other crafting.
I missed doing the LIM challenge last week but I will catch up with that hopefully this week and I must do the Jingle Belles challenge too. I am hoping to be able to indulge myself today as DH has gone out to play train drivers again today and so I should with any luck have the house to myself to do as I please.
It's our eldest grandson's birthday today so later when DH gets back we will be calling round to see him with his present and card and get to join in with his birthday celebrations. Connor will be 5 today and the years seem to be flying by.
I also finished knitting with the scraps of wool from the hooded cardy over a week ago but hadn't got round to posting a photo of it before it is made up into the idea in my head. With any luck I may just get that completed this week.
DSCF0219
My hours at work have been changed this week so I haven't got as much time off as I thought I was going to have - will just have to try and cram in as much as possible with the time I do have.
I hope you are all enjoying your weekend so far - off to catch up on some blog hopping now, especially to check out my new followers - thank you for joining me on my crafting journey.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Hi Linda. You are certainly getting some of your projects finished. The garden is taking up lots of my time at the moment!! See you Friday. Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful Linda, what a lovely gift k x

BeckySC said...

The pillow finish looks wonderful :)
Have a great week!

angelwhispers said...

Linda this is just such a gorgeous pressie I bet your friend loved it!! So much nicer receiving gifts made with love because you always know there is so much time and love poured into it!!

Hope your Grandson had a great birthday!

Love Chanellexxx