Followers

Thursday, 5 April 2012

Less is More - Picture Inspiration

The challenge on the Less is More blog is to use their photo as inspiration for your creation. I have decided to use the colours in the photo and made a very simple Easter card.
DSCF0200
I've used a Sissix die to cut out the central banner and run it through the spotty embossing folder available from SU. A piece of Old Olive taffeta ribbon across the centre of the banner. Finally I've stamped the sentiment in SU's Basic Grey onto a scrap of white card and punched it out using SU's oval punch and then matted this onto a scrap of pink paper which was also cut out using SU's scallop punch.
Logan seems to be much better this evening I just hope his recovery continues. We will be looking after him for a couple of hours tomorrow evening so that Colette and Tim can go to an engagement pary - they thought they might not be able to go with him not being so well but I think it will do them both good to have a couple of hours break and get out and enjoy themselves.
I also managed to finish another book this year - it was called Endal and is a true story - absolutely amazing to read and just proves how wonderful dogs are - if you get a chance to read it I highly recommend it. Not sure what my next book will be but I can decide over the weekend and take it into work with me on Monday as that is really the only time I get to read when I have my break.
I now have three days off work to look forward to so I am just hoping that the weather at least stays dry so that we can get out walking with Max. Lots to catch up with as usual, but I suppose I'll only get a small amount of that done as I get easily distracted!

5 comments:

sallysbitz said...

Your Easter card is lovely x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.co.uk

Jill said...

Hope you have a lovely Easter weekend Linda and that Logan recovers soon. Jill x

Chrissie said...

Pretty card Linda!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Lovely card Linda
Sorry I'm late
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Dani - tkdchick said...

I always find simple more striking