Followers

Sunday, 8 April 2012

Happy Easter

I hope you have all been enjoying the Easter break. I made this little Easter basket for DH and filled it with some lovely Lindt mini eggs. He's not seen it yet as he has been out all day playing train drivers - which has meant I've had the day to myself and have enjoyed several hours of stitching.
DSCF0204
I made the treat holder using a 9 x 9 piece of green cardstock and then decorated the outside of the box with some scraps of retired SU papers. I've used some Papermania Easter stamps to decorate the treat holder stamping out the egg with SU's Early Espresso ink pad on different coloured cardstock and used a couple of the sentiments that came with the set for the greetings. I think he'll like it.
We babysat for Logan on Friday evening and looked after him for a few hours yesterday afternoon. Initially we were going to have him overnight and take him out for the day on Saturday but as he still wasn't 100% we didn't want to take the chance of him being ill while we were out. We enjoyed some time in the park, playing with the train track and a lovely walk along the creek and then Logan and myself enjoyed a late afternoon nap before Colette came and collected him from us.
In many ways it was just as well Logan wasn't 100% as I also woke up Saturday morning feeling a bit queasy and that feeling stayed with me throughout the day and also for most of today. Thankfully I'm beginning to feel better now which is just as well as I have to go into work all day tomorrow.
I have taken photos of all my stitching projects which I will share either tomorrow or Tuesday - today I was working on the Lizzie Kate February chart. I thought I would get it finished today but unfortunately I didn't have one of the threads so it will have to be finished off later in the week once I've got the missing thread.
Hope you all have a lovely Easter Monday.

7 comments:

angelwhispers said...

I hope your DH like the little pressie its just so cute and yummy!!!

Sorry to hear your not feeling well Linda!

Take Care Chanelle xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this Linda. I'm pleased to report that Dad was discharged from hospital last friday (well they had to discharge him as he was threatening to walk out if they didn't !! He'd had enough of being in hospital and was only being kept in for them to take blook samples and work out his meds doses). He's doing OK and the Pacemaker seems to be doing the trick and getting his heart stabilised. I'm up here looking after him all week, but should be coming home next sunday.
love
wynneth4x

Linda W. said...

Beautiful Easter Basket - could I ask how you made it. I totally love it as it could be used for various gifts. I like that type of project.

Marja Rolfes said...

Dear Linda, I hope you had a blessed Easter! Christ is Risen!! Alleluiah!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Dani - tkdchick said...

That Easter Basket is so creative!

catherine said...

What a fab easter basket and yummy chocolate in there. Hope your feeling better. Thanks for the comment on my tag
x catherine

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

Hope you are feeling better and Logan is now fit and well.

This is gorgeous, I am sure Ian loved it.

K x