Followers

Friday, 20 April 2012

Happy Birthday DS1

Today it is our eldest son's 26th birthday - writing that down is making me feel that I'm getting old! David is a bus driver so the Papermania stamp set I bought a while ago has come in perfectly for his birthday - he also happens to generally drive on the No 26 bus route so everything tied in neatly with my minds thinking.
DSCF0229
Papers came from my scraps box, red gingham ribbon and brads are from SU but both retired items. The sentiment was a hostess set from SU also.
I have just got back from an enjoyable meet up with my friend Jill - we met for coffee and then Jill helped me pick out some clothes for David's present - as you can tell I am super organised when it comes to special events - NOT. Thank you Jill x
Not much crafting has been going on this week other than knitting dishcloths - three of them to be exact and I've still got a small amount of yarn left but don't think it would stretch to another one. All of the patterns I obtained through Ravelry and I managed to do each one done in an evening without having to concentrate too hard. I've enjoyed making these and think I might do some as stocking fillers for the grandchildren this year as there are so many free patterns out there.
DSCF0230
The first one I made was the lacy one on the right, followed by the heart design on the left and last night I made the Thirds design. I used 4mm needle for all three and as you can see they are all ended up different sizes, but they were fun to make.
I'm hoping now to spend a couple of hours catching up on some stitching before DH gets home from work as there won't be much spare time over the weekend as I will be working.
Have a wonderful weekend - I'm hoping the weather will be nice for the next week as both our sons are going away on holiday in the UK - not too far away from home, one in Cornwall and the other one in Exmouth, Devon but it would be nice for them to be able to enjoy some decent weather.

8 comments:

Karen K said...

Lovely card for David - perfect in fact.

Love the face cloths Linda, you are clever

K x

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Not sure if my other comment got registered, perfect card for David. Love the dishclothes you are clever xxx

Don't work too hard

K

Claire said...

Fabulous card, I bet your Son loved it. Hugs, Claire x

Jill said...

What a perfect card for David Linda! Great to see you today. Jill x

catherine said...

Fantastic card Linda and perfect by the sounds of it for your son. I'm sure he is going to love it. The knitting has come along well.
x catherine

Julie said...

Birthday wishes to your son. Beautiful cloths, great knitting.

angelwhispers said...

Loving the cloths such a pretty colour I just wish I could knit but I drop too many stitches!!

Loving David card just so perfect and a beautiful sentiment.

Have a great weekend love Chanelle xx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a fabulous card for David, I'll bet he loved it !

Well done on finishing three dishcloths, they're fun and quick projects to knit aren't they? I too am enjoying making some. Have almost finished the cardigan of the twinset so should be wearing both garments soon. See you when I am back home I hope.
luv
wynneth
x