Followers

Saturday, 28 April 2012

Happy Anniversay

Today it is our 28th wedding anniversary and thankfully I have the weekend off so we are hoping to get out and celebrate later today.
DSCF0252
I made this card for DH yesterday morning before I went into work and used the Monday Mojo sketch for inspiration.  The papers are from a couple of Crate paper collections, the background is random collection textile and the hearts from the paper heart collection.  I’ve used my Martha Stewart punch and edged all the papers with SU’s Early Espresso ink and the sentiment is also from SU in the bottom right corner.  The sticker embellishments are from my stash and I’ve added some scraps of SU ribbon. 

Our wedding day was bathed in brilliant sunshine, in fact April 1984 was one of the hottest Aprils a complete contrast to this years April.  I think we are set to have a few light showers today but more heavy rain tomorrow.  I loved our wedding day and can still remember everything about it thankfully with a very happy heart – hopefully DH feels the same!

I had a lovely time on Thursday at the Shepton Mallett craft show.  I went with my friend Jacqueline and we shared lots of laughter and silly moments.  There were lots of different exhibitors ranging from stamping to cross stitch, quilting to knitting and lots inbetween too.  I was frustratingly good according to Jacqueline until 3 o'clock in the afternoon and then I started to buy my stash.  I invested in a magnifying light which will sit on the arm of my chair in the evenings so I will now be able to stitch all my projects.  I also bought myself a very large quilters mat and a 12.5 square cutting grid so I can finally make a start on the BOM on Craftsy.  Those that know me well will be amazed to know that I only came home with a small Ippity Christmas stamp set and no other stamps - I was determined not to add to my stamp collection unnecessarily.  They had a lovely cheese stall there so I bought three different types and further around there was a cake
and bread stall and I brought a huge danish pastry home for Ian..  Some bondaweb and a fine liner fabric pen were the only other items that came home with me.

We left the show 10 minutes before it was due to close at 5 but we didn't get back home until gone 8.30 as we got caught up in a huge traffic jam on the A303 - there had been a spillage so it took us an hour and a half to get through the traffic off the A303 and back then onto the A303 a little further on.  It didn't spoil our fun though and we rounded the day off with a chinese takeaway for supper.  Thank you Jacqueline for a fun day.

5 comments:

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the design,Happy Anniversary.xxx

Jill said...

Happy anniversary Linda and Ian. Jill x

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, I luv how yo have used hearts, very cool...so glad you played long with us at Mojo Monday!

enjoy *~*

Julie said...

Happy anniversary wishes to you and hubby, I hope you celebrated somewhere nice. Weather here is monsoonish today, hope yours is better!

Saxo Stamper said...

Happy anniversary x

Gorgeous card

Excited to hear you have your mat etc for block of the month

Love k x