Followers

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

April Showers bring May flowers



The weather yesterday was much improved on Monday and apart from a couple of showers the sun was shining for most of the day which meant I was able to take Max for a lovely walk around Saltram before picking DH up from work. I always try to take the camera with me when I go round Saltram as it's lovely to see how it changes throughout the months. We came across these lovely rhododendrons.
 
DSCF0242
Among the many blooms was this very busy bee if only I had as much energy as this bee just imagine how much more I could get done in a day.
DSCF0240
The wonderful thing about walking around Saltram is that there are many routes that you can take to get round, today I decided to climb the wooden steps through part of the wooded area and which brings you out to the fields where the cattle are quite often grazing. On my way up those steps I decided to take a picture of the blubells, partly because they looked so pretty but mainly to get my breath back!
DSCF0244
Not sure if they are Spanish or English bluebells but they looked pretty to me. Further along on our walk we came across lots of lovely lilac trees coming out in bloom.
DSCF0250
After picking DH up I decided to put in a few stitches on the bear sampler and it now almost has a complete head. I was going to finish the March month as the threads I had ordered from The Patchwork Rabbit on Monday arrived  - top class service. As the Weeks Dye threads are overdyed then there is obviously a variation in the shading. I had decided to go with the roll of two strand which was 45yards as opposed to the 5yds of six strand thinking it would be better value, unfortunately the threads are more ecru in colour than the off white I have previously used. It was too much of a contrast so I won't be able to use it for these projects. I will see if I can find any at the craft show I'm going to on Thursday if not I will ring the Patchwork Rabbit and see if the 6 strands are whiter. Below is a photo of the chart that crept into the thread order Monday.
DSCF0235
Watched the football Tuesday evening and although I'm not a Chelsea fan I was glad to see them get through to the final against all the odds, players being substituted, being sent off and conceding two goals in the first half and having a penalty against them which was missed - lucky or what! As I was watching the football I also did some stitching on some Christmas ornaments I'm trying to get done for the home this year so all in all a fairly productive day.

Stocktaking at work today so better put my counting brain on.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Shane your new thread is such a different colour, I have read this so many times when stitchers have to order more to complete a project.
Nice new chart, I do love bunnies.
Lovely pics of your walk.

Veronica said...

Beautiful flowers, Linda. Bluebells are so pretty. No wonder I have Nora Corbett's Bluebells on my to-stitch list ^.^ Hehe... congrats on your new stash.

Hugs,
Veronica.

The Patchwork Rabbit said...

Linda,

Please do give me a ring and we can sort a better shade for you!

Karla