Followers

Sunday, 11 March 2012

Lizzie Kate Fat Man SAL

With the daylight hours lengthening and my renewed interest in my cross stitch projects I have also found some wonderful cross stitching and quilting blogs. Many of those blogs mention SAL's which was something I knew nothing about but it stands for Stitch A Long's I believe. Me being naturally curious and loving new challenges have discovered the Lizzie Kate's Fat Man SAL and I've decided to join in. There are six charts to work on which when finished make up a much larger project. Anyone joining the SAL only works on their stitching on a Monday, at their own pace with no deadline - sounds perfect to me. More details can be found here. Below is how the finished project will look, although you can choose which colour you want to stitch the project on so there can be some variation.
DSCF0035
I've already got five of the six charts, the other one is on order. I've yet to decide which colour fabric I'm going to stitch them on and I've also got to get the threads but as the SAL doesn't start until Easter Monday I've got plenty of time to decide. I'm really looking forward to adding this to my list of things to do.
I've been at work all day today - a 10 1/2 hour shift so no time to play or enjoy the beautiful sunny weather that Plymouth enjoyed today. My next day off isn't until next Sunday - I just hope it's nice and sunny then so I can really enjoy Mothering Sunday. Hoping to do some more knitting this evening as well as catch up on my blogging friends.

6 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

You certainly have been bitten by the stitching bug Linda ! The SAL sounds intriguing, can't wait to see your work as it progresses. Enjoy your Mothering Sunday day off work.
luv
wynneth
x

angelwhispers said...

Linda you are such an amazing lady you have so many project on the go and waiting in the background also making your beautiful cards I really don't know where you get all your energy for everything! Love Chanelle xxx

Julie said...

Going to be exciting watching your progress in the Fat Men SAL. We enjoyed a lovely sunny day today, shame you were working.

Saxo Stamper said...

Oh poor you having to work all day, it's been gorgeous today. Love these and I am sure you enjoy doing them.

Hugs K x

catherine said...

Sounds like your going to be rather busy on Monday nights now Linda. i don't know how you do it with work as well. Sounds like you had a long shift today. You must be superwoman!!
x catherine

Lucy said...

Was lovely to see you :D Was a very nice break in the journey :D

Lucy x