Followers

Friday, 2 March 2012

Less is More - Use your scraps

As I've got plenty just like most of us crafters this was an easy one to do once I'd decided which of the many scraps I wanted to use.
DSCF9974
I've used some scraps of paper with a tape measure theme for the strip across the middle. Using some Nit Wit stamps that came free with the Simply Homemade magazine this month I stamped the cotton reel out in two colours. Finally I used a sentiment which also came with the same set.
A very productive day yesterday - had a good tidy up and sort out of the craft area, always feels so much better when everything is back to being neat and organised. I also managed to sit and do some cross stitch and with any luck I will do some more this afternoon - I am now going to set myself the deadline of next Friday to get it completed. I even managed to get a banana cake made in the evening.
DSCF9975
I also made a start on a pair of baby socks - the wool and pattern came free with a knitting magazine and I thought it was about time I started using some of these freebies. I managed to get one sock knitted although not stitched up before I decided it really was time to go to bed. With any luck I will get the other one done today and be able to post the end result up some time over the weekend.
We're meeting up with my BIL this evening for something to eat and a few drinks which will be a nice start to the weekend. Hope everyone else's start to the weekend goes as well.

8 comments:

Karen K said...

Oh well done you - I love getting things ticked off the list.

Yummy cake

love k xx

catherine said...

My Linda you have been busy - puts me to shame . I have done next to nothing all day.
Good luck on finishing your stitching for your deadline. Hope you enjoy your evening out and have a good weekend
x catherine

Jill said...

That looks a yummy cake Linda!! Hope we can meet up soon. Jill x

Marja Rolfes said...

That cake........hmmmm....
the card is hmmmm too ;-)
I'm planning on using my scraps more as well!
have a lovely weekend!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Donna Huisinga said...

Saw your card over at Less is More. Love everything about it! Am always attracted to the sewing theme and this is no exception. Someone will love receiving this!

GinaA said...

Gosh your have been busy, like your card design and sentiment.

Chrissie said...

This is fabulous!
The cake looks pretty yummy too, shame I'm on a diet!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Brilliant colourful card Linda
Super job
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"