Followers

Thursday, 29 March 2012

Less is More - Recipe - Take 3 Challenges

The challenge this week on Less is More is to pick any 3 of their past challenges and incorporate them onto one card. I have decided to use Week 4 - Use 3 squares, Week 15 - Embossing and Week 16 - Butterflies.
DSCF0171
I've used my CM square punch and some retired SU patterned paper and lined them across the card inking the edges first with some distress ink. Then I've used the SU Sizzix Beautiful Wings Embossilit die for the other two elements of the challenge. The sentiment came from one of my favourite SU stamp sets called Flight of the butterfly. More scraps used to create the card but I don't think I'm ever going to get to the bottom of the scraps box.
This arrived yesterday and was something I had been waiting for - I will reveal what is in the package tomorrow but it came from a lovely company called Country Sampler and once again I discovered them through one of my blog hopping trips and couldn't resist! Another little something to add to my never ending list of projects. While blog hopping I came across this acronym SABLE and it certainly applies to me - it stands for Stash Above and Beyond Life Expectancy - something I am sure many of you are just as guilty of but it gives us pleasure and that is what is important in life.
DSCF0166

8 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful Linda and loving the sentiment just lovely!! The little parcel looks very exquisite can't wait to see what it is, you are a tease! Chanelle xxx

Lizy said...

A really lovely card Lind! SO simple but so effective with the colours you've used! :)
Lizy x

Chrissie said...

This is lovely Linda, the colours look so delicate!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Marja Rolfes said...

Beautiful card Linda! Love the butterflies!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Mandi said...

Really pretty Linda
Great use of the papers

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

butterfly said...

Lovely you have loads of talent.

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely soft pastel colours and pretty butterflies. It's super.

I do like the package too - great wrapping. SABLE - love this! :)

Jenny said...

Really lovely, excellent choice of base card...the colours are so subtle and pretty :0)
Jenny x