Followers

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Less is More - Neutrals

I really enjoyed this weeks theme on Less is More - I think neutrals give a lovely soft feel to a card, but at the same time can make cards look quite classy. I have used SU's Soft Suede and Crumb Cake cardstock and I've used the lovely SU embossing folder called Vintage Wallpaper. The sentiment was from Inkylicious and stamped onto Crumb Cake cardstock with matching ink pad on a circular nestie and matted onto a fancy circle die from Nellies. The seam binding ribbon came with an Artful Delight kit, it looks like it has a purple tinge to it in this photo but it's actually a bit darker than the Soft Suede cardstock..
DSCF0023
Now after I finished the hooded cardy last week I was left with three complete balls of wool and some odd bits - what to do with them. My mission is to try and use up my stash so I have in mind a project that I'm going to do with this - something simple but incorporating the pattern that was in the cardigan. If all goes to plan I should be able to show you what I've done with it early next week.
DSCF0021
No more early mornings for me now until next Tuesday - trouble is my body clock is now used to getting up at 3.45am and so will probably still wake up at that time tomorrow. I don't think I'll get up at that time but I certainly won't stay in bed too long as I always feel worse for doing that.
Going out with friends this evening for a meal to continue the birthday celebrations started on Monday - should be another fun night - althought I won't be home late, it's just as well I don't have to get up early.

9 comments:

Eloise said...

What a great card. I love the embossed background. I'd be interested to see what you make with your yarn. You are such a creative person.

Marja Rolfes said...

What a beautiful card Linda! The "crumb cake" cardstock is beautiful!
I love the embossed background!
Classy card!
The wool.......well, maby you could make a cowl? Just a thought!
Hope you have a lovely time together with your friends and that you can sleep a bit longer!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Julie said...

Lovely card. What a tease, showing the yarn leftovers and giving no clue what you might be doing with it.....roll on next week when its made!
Have a lovely meal.

catherine said...

Great card Linda and looks so elegant with the embossing. Have a great night out tonight
x catherine

Chrissie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed our challenge!
This looks absolutely fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Meadie said...

Beautiful card, I love your embossing, hugs x x

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

This is absolutely gorgeous. I wish you lived close to me as I could really do with a crafting buddy to do thing with - you always give me such inspiration and you know so much....sigh. I would love to have you over for quilt lessons as well, wouldn't that be great..

can't wait to see what you come up with for your wool.

K x

My name is Wynneth said...

Lovely LIM card Linda, and that is a very classy colour combo. Nice Nellies fancy circle die too. I wonder what you will do with the leftover cardi yarn then? Can't wait.

It was a lovely evening wasn't it, I thoroughly enjoyed myself and had a great birthday this year.
luv
wynneth
x

1008hollywalkpark said...

Great card. Very striking with just the two colours.