Followers

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

Less is More - Masking

I'm not sure about this card I've made for the challenge this week on the Less is More blog. I've used a square of paper to mask off the centre of the card and then used SU's Paisley background stamp which has been inked in Cameo Coral, So Saffron and Tempting Turquoise and placed over the masked area. The background stamp wasn't quite wide enough to fit the card so I have use one of the flower stamps from the SU Cottage Garden set to fill the area masking off the stamped background. The sentiment is from Unity and has also been randomly inked with the same colours. I've added some bakers twine which came with this months Artful Delight to frame the 'white' space and edge the side border.
DSCF0100
An early start for me today and I was working with the new girl today along with my friend Debbie. As there were three of us in instead of just the two of us the morning seemed to go on for ever. Neither Debbie or myself are sure whether the new girl will stick it out - somehow I think all the different shifts might just prove too much - we will wait to see if we are wrong. The new girl is nice enough, quite young but sometimes a bit over confident in her attitude to the work involved.
Spent an enjoyable couple of hours with Colette and Logan after work. I didn't manage to pick up any fabric to finish off my stitching and I resisted the urge to buy wool for baby knitting until I have used up the scraps. I will look in my local craft shop tomorrow after I finish work for the fabric as I need to call in and pick up a couple of magazines and I want to make sure I have 'finished' the Friends project before the end of the month.
Managed to get the ironing done when I got home and also got the bread maker working so that I didn't have to go shopping for bread. I've now got the rest of the evening to myself as DH has gone to watch Argyle - hopefully they will win and those around them lose so as to avoid getting relegated this season. Will do a bit of blog hopping and then settle down to do some crafting of some sort - just not sure what yet. Fabric and thread arrived today for birth sampler - have to say I use Sewandso for most of my stitching needs as I'm always impressed with the quick and efficient service. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

5 comments:

Jill said...

Just love that background Linda! Hope the new girl copes with the shifts! Jill x

Chrissie said...

This is a lovely stamped effect Linda with great colours, but there's not a lot of white space left is there!
I love that sentiment!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

angelwhispers said...

Linda I love it the colours are just perfect and love the masked front! Chanelle xxx

Mandi said...

WE do prefer to see more white space Linda
But this is a FAB card
Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Karen K said...

Hi Linda, I thought it was lovely and I hope the new girl works out too - so you can give up some of your extra hours. I have done no card making this week so far - I am HOOKED literally to my sewing.

K xx