Followers

Tuesday, 13 March 2012

Less is More challenge - Script

The challenge this week was to create a one layer card but using some script in addition to the sentiment. I managed to find a stamp from Funstamps and an SU sentiment from the Very Vintage stamp set which I thought matched perfectly.
DSCF0059
I've just added a hint of colour using some of the new Spring coloured Promarkers to add emphasis to the script stamp.
After work today I met up with my friend Jill for a cup of coffee and a nice long chat - it's been a while since we were able to do that - hopefully it won't be quite so before we see each other again.
I then had a wasted journey to pick up a parcel from the sorting office at Plymstock only to be told that the parcel would have been at my own local sorting office and that our new postman had obviously run out of their address cards. While I appreciate the fact that sometimes they may run out of their own cards, it would have been nice for him to at least crossed out the Plymstock address and put our local branch. Bearing in mind the Plymstock branch is the other side of the city centre I wasted not only valuable fuel but my time too. It now means I have to collect my parcel on my way home tomorrow and I'm very intrigued now to know what the parcel is! Our 'old' postman would have changed the address but as we have a new postman and obviously hasn't got the same common sense - there will be a complaint going in for this one.
Will be catching up with another friend this evening who has been on a lovely six week holiday across the other side of the world so lots to catch up with there.

10 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Hi Linda another great card I would love to join in over there but cant do the less!!! lol

Your postman just sounds like mine I went three times to collect a parcel which was never there on the last occasion they decided to check the other shelves and guess what it was on the recorded shelf all along but he's never ticked the box!!

Boy was I mad!!

Enjoy the rest of your day! Love Chanelle xxx

Chrissie said...

This is super Linda, the panel really jumps out ... fabulous!
The post and deliveries in general irritate me more than somewhat at times.
You have my total sympathy!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

Great stamp and sentiment, it is very eye catching.

Jill said...

Great card Linda, was brilliant to be able to catch up today, thanks for the coffee!
Never heard of the sorting office doing that before, as you say Pomphlett is quite away from you! Jill x

Susan said...

The inking on the panel give it great dimension on the card! Lovely!

Saxo Stamper said...

Gorgeous Linda. Bummer about the parcel k x

Julie said...

I like that one!
Royal Mail get worse with every passing day, my regular postman is a gem, but any of the others I would sack if I employed them.

Margie said...

Lovely card Linda. Another one of those "why didn't I think of that?" moments.....

Mandi said...

Super card Linda, lvoe the touch of colour
We have a brilliant postman, theya re worth their weirght in gold eh!
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

Love your LIM card, the script panel is fab. Hope you got your postie sorted out! x