Followers

Sunday, 4 March 2012

Jingle Belles - Stick With Us

The challenge for Jingle Belles this time is to use your stickers or rub ons. I had in mind the stickers I wanted to use although no clear idea on what to do with them. Despite looking through a large majority of my craft stash I couldn't find the ones I wanted. As I was going through my stash I did find some Papermania stickers and an idea instantly sprang to mind - perhaps it was meant to be.
DSCF0015
I've used the wreath from the SU Welcome Christmas set to create a garland effect across the top of the card using SU Garden Green ink. I've used an SU Real Red marker pen to add some holly berries. The sentiment came from the retired SU Old Fashioned Christmas set. I've then added three of the Papermania baubles to the card and use the SU Garden Green Marker pen to create the effect of them hanging from the garland. Result - easy and another six cards to put towards my Christmas card collection.
A change in the weather today - when I first got up it was raining slightly, temperature had dropped and it was very windy so Max and I got a little wet as we walked over to have breakfast at my parents a tradition that started when our children used to do a paper round and called in for breakfast with our dog at the time Casper. The children have all grown up now, but I've kept going round there.
After the mundane chores had been done in the morning I sat down and managed to get some more of the Boxer cross stitch completed - only a very small amount left to do. The light failed me so I'm hoping that I will get it finished within half an hour when I get home tomorrow.

9 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Wow another six christmas cards you go girl!!! These are just fab and I think I need some of your talent bottled and sent to me please!! Chanelle xxx

Marianne said...

These cards look great! Isn't it amazing how you start with one idea (well, sort of) and end up doing something altogether different, yet with great results? I found an old neglected sticker today and used it on another card for the JB challenge. Haven't had time to take pictures and put it on my blog, though.

SmilynStef said...

That wreath garland is oh-so-clever and what a great use for those stickers ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

catherine said...

great cards and you will be well ready with a stash come the time.
What a lovely thing to keep up with the breakfast. It's been raining here all day too
x catherine

Marja Rolfes said...

Very well done!! Keep the Christmas cards coming and you will have enough by the end of this year....
Good idea!!
They look beautiful Linda!
I love the breakfast tradition! Wish my Mom and Dad lived closer, I would do the same from time to time!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Julie said...

Now why can't I see cards like that in the shops at Christmas, perfect!
Lovely sunshine here for us today, ventured out and enjoyed it.

Eveline said...

Great cards. I like the garlands like this.
Eveline.

lauren bergold said...

what a totally and completely *BRILLIANT* use of that SU wreath stamp!!!!!!!!! i now want to look at every wreath image and see if i cannot make a garland from it, you have REALLLLLLLLY inspired me with this gorgeous card! (ps: it's a perfect use of those ornament stickers too, of course! i probably should've said that first, eh?!?) :) :) :)

My name is Wynneth said...

More fabulous Christmas cards Linda, I particularly love this design. How clever to use part of a wreath stamp to create a garland. Just gorgeous.
luv
wynneth
x