Followers

Saturday, 10 March 2012

Jingle Belles - Neutral Noel

This fortnights challenge on the Jingle Belles blog is to use the above photo as inspiration and create a card. I have decided to use the colours for my inspiration and have used a white card as my base. The stamped images are a set from Rubadubadoo which come as a block of four but I have cut them out as separate elements. I've stamped the images onto SU's Crumb Cake cardstock using SU Craft White ink pad and white embossing powder. The sentiment came in the same set and I've used SU's Crumb Cake ink pad to stamp the greeting onto the card.
DSCF0046
I managed to get most of the preparation for these cards done before I left for work this morning and have put them together this evening - so pleased as I now have another six put aside for Christmas so there will be no last minute card making later in the year. 36 in total so far and lots more challenges to come.

I actually had a lie in until 7am this morning - some might think that's not much of a lie in but it is for me. After having a leisurely breakfast we then took Max out for a lovely walk along the creek where we saw lots of daffodils coming out in bloom which means Spring must be on it's way - hooray! I then got to work on the cards for the challenge and also managed to put a few stitches in my cross stitch while waiting for my cup of tea to cool down before heading off to work.

Spending the rest of the evening knitting while catching up on some TV that we have recorded during the week. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend whatever you may be doing.

14 comments:

catherine said...

These are fantastic Linda and look so elegant and stylish. hope you enjoy the resat of your weekend
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

I just LOVE these cards Linda, such a fabulous colour to use on Christmas cards and the images are just perfect.

You've worn me out just reading what you've achieved in a few hours, even with a lie in LOL !!
hugs
wynneth
x

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those are lovely cards

angelwhispers said...

Hope you have enjoyed your evening knitting and catching up with your TV Linda!! My word 36 christmas cards already and these are superb just perfect take on the inspirational picture! Love Chanelle xx

Julie said...

Lovely pink girly challenge card and these are just super.
Nice stash you bought. Hope you had a nice evening and caught up on your tv viewing.

Marie B. said...

Bee-utiful cards Linda! You just put me to shame with the amount of cards you have done already! ;)

Saxo Stamper said...

Beautiful Linda, I must stop sewing and get on with some cards.

K x

lauren bergold said...

oh how *LOVELY* and wonderful are your C&S "neutral noel" cards! i love the way you broke up that block of four images in order to make a bigger & more substantial grouping!!! the white card bases and your super-neat stamped sentiment are ALL YOU NEED and look FABULOUS! well done! :)

SmilynStef said...

Love how you used the colors & repeating squares in your design ... so clean & classy ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Marja Rolfes said...

Beautiful cards!! So handy, making them early!!
I love all the cross stitching idea's you are having too!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Electra said...

I really love these cards-they are so elegant!

Deb Hickman said...

What a fabulous set of cards, love the images and how the white looks on Kraft.xxx

Eveline said...

Another set of wonderful Christmas cards.
Eveline.

Barbara said...

What a gorgeous set of cards you created!