Followers

Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Jingle Belles - Hybrid challenge

The challenge for Jingle Belles this fortnight was to use a digital stamp or element on your card. I have used the Steampunk Reindeer which I purchased from Smeared Ink last year and coloured him in using Promarkers. I've then cut him out and matted him onto a SU Ruby Red circle (although in this photo it looks more oranged) which I have embossed and then matted this onto some brown cardstock. The papers are from a retired SU Christmas paper pack. The ribbon is also from SU which I think is gorgeous ribbon as not only does it have spots but it's got a pretty scalloped border too.
DSCF0154
The past two days seem to have flown by. Sunday was spent entertaining Connor and Elisha for a few hours and then we were also joined by Logan - it was lovely to have all three grandchildren together and something that doesn't happen that often. I did manage to capture a few photos of them all playing with the Thomas train track which hopefully I will get round to creating a LO at the weekend when I go to the Exeter crop. Once the invasion of grandchildren had passed I was able to enjoy a blissful couple of hours stitching - I've made a start on the birth sampler and will work on that one along with my next UFO which I have decided will be the Four Horses of Apocolypse and small stitched pieces too. I'll take a photo of the WIP's and post later in the week.
I am about a third of the way through my knitting project and so far all is going to plan - just hope the finished article looks the same in real life as it does in my head!
An early start yesterday for work but I was able to spend a pleasant afternoon with my friend Jacqueline who made me the most delicious baguettes for lunch followed later in the afternoon with a lemon curd yum yum and it was - very! That's where I was able to colour in the reindeer images and in the evening I put the assembly process into action.
Today so far has been spent taking the dog for a lovely walk along the creek and enjoying seeing the tree and flowers showing more signs that Spring has arrived.
DSCF0153
On the way back home I called in to see my in-laws, had a nice cup of coffee and a chat. It was then time to pick my mum up and we took a trip to the local garden centre where we enjoyed lunch and then bought a few plants to go in the garden - hopefully they will survive and won't become a meal for the slugs. This was then followed by the not so thrilling food shopping. With that done and out the way I am now back home and I'm going to enjoy an hours stitching before DH comes home. After tea I will put my plants in and with any luck get some more crafting time later in the evening.
My work schedule is set to become less frantic - that is providing the new staff stay on - fingers crossed they will pick up speed soon and become more integrated with the rest of the team as it really would be nice to get back to my part time hours. We will see.

7 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Loving this batch of Christmas cards Linda, that is a fabby steampunk image and I love your colour combo. Sounds like you had a busy couple of days, but enjoyable too ! I arrived home at 4.15am this morning after a late night flight, food shopping and three loads of laundry done, so hopefully I'll get some crafting time in ! So sorry I missed the crafy session at J's yesterday (especially the Yum Yums !!!)
luv
wynneth
x

Karen K said...

Lovely Linda, i can't do this week's challenge as I don't have a digital stamp... I may well make some Xmas cards to keep up with the numbers.

Lovely blossom picture and glad you are getting on with your projects. I am just past the leg holes for Barney's jumper on the knitting front, still not braved starting the skirt...

K

angelwhispers said...

Linda your days are so full you must be on energy drinks to keep you going!! Sounds like you've had a lovely time with your friend and your Mum well that's not mentioning the horrid food shopping!!!Enjoy the rest of your day stitching and planting your new plants!! Hoping to get my garden sorted this week my Dad has done the lawn so I just have the border!! Love & Hugs Chanelle xxx

Marja Rolfes said...

Wow, what a full day you had!!! Good that you could do some stitches!
Well done on those Christmascards!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh! that "steampunk reindeer" is just toooooooooooooo flippin' cool! (i confess when i read those words i went blank for a minute... luckily the interwebs also has *PHOTOS* eh?!) :) :) :) love all of the papers and embellies you chose, they all add up to another ♥FAB♥ set of xmas cards!!!

SmilynStef said...

Way to use those retired papers for a wonderful set of holiday cards ... what a cute little reindeer ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

Jill said...

Busy busy busy!! Great cards Linda! Jill x