Followers

Monday, 19 March 2012

French knots - love them or hate them?

I have completed all the stitching on Friends are Gifts but French knots are a mystery to me. Why is it I can do one French knot and it looks great and then I do another one and it's not quite so good? I'm sure practice will make perfect but I do get frustrated that my French knots are not consistent. Tomorrow I will be meeting my daughter after work and I will pick up some fabric to finish this piece off - I've now got to decide which UFO to finish off next.
DSCF0099
I have sent off for the fabric and threads for the baby sampler and also the February LK chart. I loved doing the January one and am already looking forward to completing the rest of the months. As promised here is a photo of January completed - sorry about the poor light for both these photos.
DSCF0096
I went into work today expecting to work with one person but they failed to turn up and the boss was unable to get hold of them so I ended up working with the boss (who also happens to be my friend). Not sure what is going on with the lad I was supposed to be working with I just hope he's ok. The afternoon flew by which is always nice.
I'm hoping to finish my scarf tonight and make a start on the next project which will be a bit of an experiment and I'm hoping the idea I have in mind will work - no pattern as such to follow (apart from the same cable design) but I'm hoping it will turn out ok. I'm also hoping to get it finished pretty quick as I am eager to start some baby clothes. I am going to pick up some wool for the new baby and it will be so nice to knit some pretty cardigans, etc.

3 comments:

angelwhispers said...

These both looks gorgeous Linda! The french knot sounds a bit complicated think I'll stick to my cards! Love Chanelle xxx

Jill said...

You really are on a roll Linda! Things are getting finished all over the place! Jill x

Karen K said...

Don't like french knots that much...

These are both lovely Linda, gorgeous.

Enjoy your time with Colette.

k x