Followers

Monday, 5 March 2012

Boxer finished and some naughty stash.

Yippee I've finished the Boxer family with four days to spare on the deadline I gave myself. All I have to do now is get it framed. Sorry for the poor photo but I've only just taken the photo.
DSCF0017
I now just have to decide which of my many other UFO's to work on next. I'll give that some thought this evening and post a picture of my next project tomorrow and work out a deadline for myself.
At the end of last week I was a bit naughty and ordered some new charts, fabric and threads which I picked up from the sorting office today. I really want to start stitching some Christmas decorations and after lots of blog hopping on some wonderful stitching blogs I kept seeing these Praire Schooler images and so ordered a few. I'm thinking I can work on them if I need a break from some of the large UFO's.
DSCF0016
It was another early start for me today, but it was only a short day at work as I was finished by 9.30 - it's a lovely feeling knowing your working day is complete when most peoples is only just starting.
I had a dentist appointment at 10.05 which I went to on my way home from work - thankfully only a check up and nothing amiss which is always a relief. I was then able to get home and get some washing out on the line before heading off to have lunch with some crafting friends. It was a special day as it was Wynneth's birthday so lots of present giving, along with some lovely homemade soup made by Jacqueline, followed by cheese, biscuits and grapes. Later in the afternoon we had a lovely earl grey and mandarin hot cross bun - very tasty. Maltesers were also digested by Wynneth and myself, Jacqueline was very good and abstained as she has given chocolate up for Lent.
I managed to make a start on a baby's hat with more wool that came free with a knitting magazine. I only have ten rows left to do which I hope to get done this evening and then stitch it up and post it on my blog tomorrow.
Spring is definitely on it's way, our daffodils are almost out in our garden and the daylight hours are getting longer - let's hope we have a wonderful Spring which rolls into a glorious Summer.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Mmm... Knowing how you have a stitching mountain!! Good luck with the new stuff,, looking forward to meeting up next week. Jill x

catherine said...

Hi Linda, saw the title of this post and had to come and have a look.
Wow it is beautiful and the colours are great. Well done on finishing it.
Sounds like you have had another busy day and enjoyed it(apart from the dentist!!).
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

Well done Linda and before the allotted time!! Can't believe you have purchased even more when you have so many to finish what are you like!! lol Sounds like you have a lovely ladies afternoon take care Love Chanelle xx

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Congratulations and it looks wonderful - so does your new stash.... and why not.

I am very excited about our craftsy quilt course, been and got a few goodies myself today in preparation, itching to start as you can imagine as I am missing my sewing project. I just hope I can manage it.

K xxx

Annie said...

you are going to be busy Linda! the dogs are looking fabulous now.
hugs, annie x

Julie said...

Break out the champagne, a stunning finish, well done.
The Prairie Schooler are so lovely, I've stitched a few and have there's still to do.
A lovely time with your crafting friends.

My name is Wynneth said...

And I had a fantastic birthday Linda ! It was a delish lunch, thanks to Jacqueline, and I loved all my pressies and cards.
luv
wynneth
x