Followers

Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Baby's hat and next UFO

_This hat was so quick and simple to knit up I think I might make a few more of them for the new grandchild expected in August. Colette is having her scan next week and they are hoping to find out the sex of the baby so I will then know what colours I can use.
DSCF0018
The hat is being modelled by one of my bears that usually sit on my bed during the daytime as I didn't have a real life baby to put it on and I thought a photo of it in situ would show off the hat better.
I have decided on my next UFO - have gone for something quite easy and that to be honest doesn't need much stitching to be done. It's called Friends are Gifts and I've actually done all the cross stitch part of it but I need to do the back stitch and french knots. It's meant to be a wall hanger with a bow attached to it, but I seem to have misplaced the ribbon so I think I might finish it off as a mini quilt wall hanging instead - there's where the real challenge comes in as I don't really do what I call 'real' sewing.
DSCF0020
I will give myself until the end of March, which to some may seem a long time but the next week is very busy for me with work and also having to travel up to Swindon for a funeral on Friday - it also gives me time to hunt around for some nice fabric to turn it into a mini quilt.
After finishing work I called in to help a work collegue with some coursework that she is having problems with - we managed to do some of it, but have agreed that we need to try and finish the rest of it off when we have a few quiet moments at work! Also some of it I think needs some guidance from our manager too.
I've now set the breadmaker to work so that I don't have to go shopping until tomorrow - to be honest I prefer it and it always smells so lovely in the kitchen when it's cooking. I have a couple of cards I need to try and get made later - DH is at out this evening so I've no excuse not to get them done.

6 comments:

Karen K said...

Gorgeous hat Linda, and good choice on the UFO, shouldn't take long should it. I am really excited about the quilt, may even start tonight, see how I feel.
k x

catherine said...

Beautiful hat Linda. Nice project to start on next and good luck with your finishing schedule although I have no doubt you will complete it on time!
Work has a habit of getting in the way sometimes (lol)
x catherine

angelwhispers said...

Such a cute little hat I bet you are so excited to find out what sex your new Grandchild is then I bet these needles with be clacking!!!! Such a sweet cross stitch to finish good luck will see if you do this one before the dead line!!

I can smell the bread such a yummy smell Linda and so delicious.

Love Chanelle xxx

Marja Rolfes said...

Good choice! THat cross stitch one is so sweet! I love the babyhat!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Julie said...

Little bear is modelling the hat so lovely.

My name is Wynneth said...

The hat looks fabulous Linda and so nice to see it all finished. It suits your Teddy really well. Looking forward to seeing the next UFO finished !
luv
wynneth
x