Followers

Monday, 6 February 2012

Wishing you a wonderful day.

It was our dear friend Karen's birthday at the weekend and this is the card I made for her - I can now post it as I know it arrived safely and in time for her birthday. I hope you had a wonderful day Karen.
kbd
I used the of the new February Avocado Arts stamp set Wishes and Kind Thoughts - this is a stamp set I have subscribed to on a monthly basis and I have never been disappointed in either the quality or the designs. There are always so many lovely designs which can be used individually or together to create your own scene. The papers came from a Trimcraft 6 x6 paper pad called Bird Song which I was lucky enough to receive as part of a Secret Santa at the Exeter Scrapaholics crop in December. I've used a couple of nesties to place the images onto and some ribbon from my stash.

At midday on Friday I broke up from work with the delightful prospect of two weeks off - unfortunately I also woke up Friday morning with another sore throat and the sniffles, which proceeded to get worse throughout the day. This has meant I have spent most of the weekend curled up on the sofa with Max, blankets and hot water bottles feeling a little sorry for myself and no energy for much else.

Sunday was brightened up a little with a visit from David and his family, it was lovely to see Connor and Elisha and spend some time playing trains and dolls with them. In the evening I sat and watched the World Cup of Darts final which was England and Australia, initially England were winning 3 - 0 in the single matches and then lost the last singles match and the doubles match which evened the score out to 3-3 which meant a sudden death game had to be played. Amazingly it literally went down to the wire with both pairs missing doubles, but England finally getting the required double - a really enjoyable match to watch - lots of tension and twists and turns.

Today I felt quite a bit better and managed to take Max for a lovely walk around Saltram, although I probably walked further than I should have done, but it was just so nice to get out in the fresh air again - I did wrap up warm. I called into Just Tracy's craft shop on my way back and picked up a couple of stamping magazines before calling in to see Colette and Logan. I had been invited round a friends house for lunch and spent an enjoyable couple of hours catching up and seeing what crafting goodies had been purchased at the craft show at Westpoint.

I have this evening managed to create a simple card for the Less is More challenge which I will share tomorrow, but I think my energy levels are now beginning to drop - an early night is required I think.

1 comment:

catherine said...

This is such a pretty card and beautiful colours. Glad your feeling a bit better and managed to get out for a while.
x catherine