Followers

Monday, 13 February 2012

Stripes - Less is More challenge.

It's taken me a couple of days to finally come up with the idea for my card for the Less is More challenge this week. I knew that somewhere in my stamp stash there should be something I could use as stripes.

lim 1102

I found a Unity Journalling strip stamp which I thought would fit perfectly with the challenge. I've also used the sentiment from SU's Big Bold Birthday stamp set and stamped this repeatedly into the journalling strips. I've used post it notes when required to fill up each area completely with the sentiment. I then coloured each box in with a different coloured Promarker and then used a retired SU Alphabet and Number set to complete the card. This is the first card I think I've done for the challenge that isn't monochromatic!


I think my cold is finally starting to clear up - haven't felt so bad today and managed to meet up with my friend Lisa and her dog Shadow and Max and I enjoyed a lovely walk around Stover Country Park. It was a lot milder today and the sun shone for the most part while we were out walking so a very pleasant couple of hours spent catching up with each others news.

17 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is one terrific card Linda.
The time you spent thinking what to do obviously paid off!
Super job!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Scrapmate said...

This is such a fun card.

Carol said...

This looks fabulous Linda, love the colours you've chosen. Carol x

MaggieC said...

What an excellent idea to use those sentiment strips as your stripes. It is amazing to see how differently people have interpreted this challenge. Thank you for visiting me and leaving such lovely comments. xx Maggie

Eloise said...

what a happy colorful card!

Jill said...

Hi Linda, love that CAS card, despite that it's very striking! Glad you had a good day with Lisa and also to hear that your cold is getting better. Jill x

Claire said...

This is lovely hun, very simple but vivid design. Hugs, Claire x

Debby said...

Very nice card.
I love the bright colours!
Debby

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

oh this is brilliant and your planning really paid off - I wish I had your imagination - mine is so lame compared with yours. It's fabulous.

k x

Angelnorth said...

Fab funky design, love it!

angelwhispers said...

My word what a great take on the stripe theme Linda just wonderful! So glad you are feeling much better Love Chanelle xxx

lainey said...

Oh just great!! lainey x

Lucy said...

Really glad your cold is clearing up and I LOVE this card. I think that challenge is great but I just don't have the imagination to come up with lovely things like that.

Mandi said...

Great idea, super card
Thank you
mandi
"Less is More!

Sally said...

A great idea & super stamping.
sally M x

Lizy said...

This is fab Linda!
Lizy x

Valerie said...

So vibrant and a brilliant idea!
Val x