Followers

Saturday, 18 February 2012

Making washday fun

It's been a while since I did any scrapbooking, but on Thursday evening I eventually got round to completing one of the two LO's I want to do with the photographs I took of Logan in January - need to get them done by the end of this month so that I don't start falling behind again.

When I was putting this LO together I wasn't sure on the blue background cardstock and all the scraps of paper that I had pulled out to use with it. This morning though I looked at it again in real daylight and I think it looks ok. I've used the sketch from Frosted Designs and only used scraps again from my box - it's getting harder now to make those scraps work but I will persevere for a little longer. I still can't bear to throw them away just yet.

logan wdf

I did have to improvise a little with the title as I didn't have any M's in the alphabet sheet I was going to use. I had to use a W instead - not altogether happy with that but it saved trying to hunt around for another alphabet set. One of the photos may look as if Logan isn't quite enjoying himself, but everytime Grandad took him out of the basket he wanted to go back in.

Having a short train ride down to Camborne today - Ian wants to check out the model shop down there (no doubt has something to pick up). I'll check to see if the craft shop is still down there while he is pottering around in there. Then this evening I will be babysitting Connor and Elisha - they will more than likely be in bed by the time we go round. I'm going to take my knitting along with me and I am setting myself the challenge of finishing the cardigan I started for Colette - I've only got to do the arm bands and edging of the fronts and as it's in chunky it shouldn't really take that long. That is of course providing I keep count of how many stitches I'm supposed to pick up. I would love to get it completed by the end of the weekend and then I can put it away and move onto something else.

Hope you're enjoying your weekend and thanks for stopping by my blog.

9 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely fun LO Linda! Do you want a few more scraps if you are getting to the end of yours? Jill x

angelwhispers said...

Just love the layout looks like a fun day and beautiful colours!! You have so many project on the go you really are such a star! Chanelle xx

catherine said...

This is such a fab layout Linda and love the way you have put it all together . Great bunting
x catherine

Andrea Fogleman said...

Fabulous job on the sketch! I love the fact that you used scraps to create this layout. Thanks so much for joining us for our latest sketch challenge over at Frosted Designs.

Erin Blegen said...

What fun pictures you've captured!! Thx so much for playing along with us @ Frosted Designs!!

Karen K said...

This is gorgeous Linda - I think the blue is perfect. Logan is so cute

did you get the cardigan finished

k x

Marja Rolfes said...

Wonderful LO!!!!!! Love the pictures!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Fern said...

Super cute layout!!! Love the bright blue background and the title!!! The photos are precious!! Thanks for joining us over at Frosted Designs/Sketch Along Tuesday!! Hugs!!

KellyF said...

Aww, those photos are adorable!! You did a wonderful job with the Frosted Designs sketch, thanks for joining us!!