Followers

Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Less is More - the colour is Aqua

I am really enjoying the Less is More challenges, I'm not saying they are any easier for being 'simpler' but I am really beginning to embrace this style.


lim f1


I have used one of the new stamps sets from the SU Spring mini catalouge called Borderlines to create the dotty border strip across the card. The flower came from a hostess set called Posy Punch and then I used the co-ordinating flower punch to punch it out and finally the sentiment came from a Sale-a-bration set from last year called So Happy for You. I've used SU's Baja Breeze ink pad and added some stickles to the centre of the flower to give a bit of sparkle.




It's a beautiful sunny day and I am feeling much better - would love to be out walking with Max but unfortunately I have to wait in for a delivery which could arrive anytime during the day. As you can imagine I am feeling a little frustrated at being hemmed in, but I have managed to do the ironing, hoovering and a few other chores while I'm waiting and I guess it's a good excuse to sit and do some crafting. Later today I am hoping that the threads I ordered for a cross stitch that I want to get finished will arrive. This is another one of those unfinished projects which I am determined to get completed - it's of a Boxer dog family and I've only got about a quarter of it left to do so I am setting myself a target to get it completed by the end of April (this allows me time for other crafting projects). I'll take a photo of what I have done later today to post on my blog tomorrow which will then give me the added incentive of getting it completed to show you all.

12 comments:

Jill said...

Lovely CAS card Linda and my favourite colour as well! Hope you are bringing that cross stitch on Sunday - see you there. Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

I haven't quite got the hang of this clean and simple - my cards are really a bit rubbish - this is just gorgeous and perfect for the challenge... K xx

Back to the drawing board for me.

Mandi said...

This is just lovely Linda
That flower loks superb

Thank you so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Lucy said...

Love the card - I really like the less is more cards you're doing.

As a new boxer fan I'm looking forward to seeing your cross stitch of the boxer family.

Lucy x

Chrissie said...

This is just lovely... the border looks great and the touch of twinkle is super!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Aileen said...

This is very pretty. Love all the stamps you've used and the extra sparkle to the flower. x

Jay said...

hello Linda,

glad you are feeling much better, I like the cas card, very stylish and the birthday card for Karen difficult colours for me, however you have combined them very well, a very grown up card.

Jenni's Jems said...

Oh this is such a pretty card x

Heli said...

I like the less is more look in this case, I think it looks stylish, the choice of colour helps too :) good luck with the cross stitch!

Kathyk said...

THis is lovely - love the spotty border

Kathyk

Jenni's Jems said...

Thank you for the really nice comments that you left me,really appreciated .p>s I left a comment last night on your blog just noticed that blogger hasn't posted so here it is now ,loved your card thought it simply gorgeous x

ding said...

Beautiful fresh card Linda, love the stamps youve used and the touch of sparkle is perfect finishing touch.
Thank you for popping by and joining me....I can't promise you cards as beautiful as yours but I love to experiment and play.....sometimes with very mixed results!!!!
Diane