Followers

Thursday, 23 February 2012

Crafty Purple Frog - Use yellow and green

This weeks prize for the winners is the beautiful Spring set of papers that Amy has created.

The challenge this time is to be inspired by Saint David's Day(Saint David's
Day is the feast day of Saint David, the patron saint of Wales, and falls on 1
March of each year. The date of 1 March was chosen in remembrance of the death
of Saint David. Many people will wear a daffodil to celebrate Saint David)
I had to improvise this fortnight with my Crafty Purple Frog DT card as I'd forgotten that my printer had run out of one of the coloured inks. This meant that I could only print out in black and white so I have highlighted certain areas of the image with Copic pens in yellows and greens. The coloured version of this image can be found here.
cpf
The image is called Night Daffodil and despite my initial reservations I actually quite like the effect. I've used a small strip of paper from a gorgeous K&Co paper pad I have in my stash and just added some green ric rac to the edge. The sentiment came from a Whiff of Joy set I got back in 2010.
Other crafting news - I finally got round to picking up the knitting needles on Monday afternoon and managed to do the buttonhole border while I was sharing a crafting afternoon with a couple of friends. I then managed to stay awake long enough yesterday evening to do the button band border. All I have to do now is start stitching it together and then do the ribbing on the arm edges - fingers crossed I might even get it completed by the end of February! I can then put it away for Colette for this Christmas,even though it had been my intention to give it to her for the one that has just gone. I kept going wrong on the left front for some reason and decided not to put myself under pressure to get it completed for a Christmas present. It then seemed to go right, but I'd already bought Colette something else by then so I will now be ahead of the game this year instead.
Central heating has at last been fixed and we've had a new radiator put in the lounge - wow what a difference it has made. I know it's been milder the past couple of days, but our lounge has never really felt very warm but it certainly does now. I am one happy bunny - I hate being cold.

3 comments:

Hlora said...

Oh my so pretty and just adore the colours just perfect for this beautiful image!

Julie said...

Beautiful card, very effective

Karen K said...

HI Linda, gorgeous card, glad to hear the heating is up and running again - this is why we are now having a heat wave LOL

k x