Followers

Saturday, 14 January 2012

Nuts about Sketches Week 195

I'm trying very hard to keep my 8 x8 albums of Logan up to date this year and so during the week I managed to complete a DLO of his 2nd Christmas. My aim is to make sure I get at least one LO of each month in the album and only to ever be working on the previous months pictures - fingers crossed.

I've used the sketch for week 195 over on Nuts about Sketches and used the same set of Christmas papers as my DT LO submission - My Minds Eye Lost & Found - they really are gorgeous.


nas


I've kept fairly close to the sketch although I haven't used as many photos as on the sketch suggests. The vellum quote came from an Anna Griffin pack and I've used some gold peel off borders to attach it to the LO. I've also stamped and embossed some gold stars and also added some gold edged clear peel offs too. The journalling is about Logan's Christmas outfit, last year we dressed him up in a Santa outfit but this year it was Santa's No1 Helper - the jeans came with red braces and he looked so sweet. It also asks in the journalling just how many more years can I get away with buying him silly outfits for Christmas.




This morning we took Max for a lovely walk around Kit Hill - very fresh and overcast but it was nice to be out in the fresh air and the cold wind certainly blew away the cobwebs! This afternoon I have got the joy of going through some paperwork which must be done by the end of the month and then hopefully if I can get that out of the way quickly I can get to 'play' while Ian freezes watching Argyle play.


5 comments:

Marja Rolfes said...

Ah, a DLO!!! Well done Linda! Looks great!!! Keep it up!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Ange said...

Great lo! Love the gold and stars. Cute photos and sweet grandson!! Thanks for playing with us at NAS.

catherine said...

Love the layout of your page. everything is so well put together. I have managed to keep up with my new year challenge and keep on with my pages. The white frost today inspired mine.Have a nice weekend
x catherine

Saxo Stamper said...

Linda, this is great, I so want to do the sketches each week but haven't quite started yet...

I have been working on my cross stitch, just a bit of back stitch to go....can't wait to finish, I am sick of it now !

K X

Shawn said...

Very cute! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing :)