Followers

Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Less is More Week 52 - Sketch challenge

Last night I was able to catch up on a few of the challenges I am trying to participate in on a regular basis. I managed to get the Less is More card completed and another six Christmas cards for the Jingle Belles challenge (which I will show later in the week). But for my Less is More card I knew I wanted to use ribbon as the band in the middle of the sketch. Looking through my ribbons I came across some lovely SU Bashful Blue stitched grosgrain ribbon and I picked a cute little baby image which came in the SU Very Punny stamp set (which I was kindly given) and was coloured in using Bashful Blue and Creamy Caramel . The image was punched out using the SU 1 3/8inch circle punch and then mounted onto a SU scallop circle punched piece of Bashful Blue cardstock. I added some white gel pen to the scallop circle to tie in with the stitching of the ribbon. Finally my sentiment came from an SU Hostess set.

lim 1

It's cold here and to make it even worse our central heating has broken down - we can still get hot water, but the heating system keeps tripping as the boiler is overheating. I don't think we can complain too much as the boiler is almost 18 years old, but it's an expense we could have done without. Thankfully we have got a gas fire in our lounge so and we have an oil-fired electric heater which I have on in the craft area. Hopefully it won't be too long before we can get a new one fitted, but no doubt the really cold weather will be over by then. Perhaps I should ask my friend Wynneth to quickly run up a couple of chunky knit jumpers for me.

9 comments:

Karen K said...

Hi Linda

Oh this is just perfect xxx Beautiful in fact.

I hope the heating gets fixed soon, perhaps Max is using his new jumper that his god mummy knit for him.

k xx

Chrissie said...

What an absolutely super little card... that ribbon is gorgeous and the image really cute.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

GinaA said...

What a great baby card, love the topper and the sentiment, FAB.

Karen said...

Such a cute card. Love the fact you've used ribbon as your 'band' hugs karen x

lin_ka1 said...

Ingeniously and sweet:)

angelwhispers said...

Beautiful Less is more card you really are great at making these Linda! Sorry to hear about your heating there is nothing worse! Love Chanelle xxx

Mandi said...

Lovely card
super idea to usse the ribbon as the panel in the sketch

Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

butlersabroad said...

oh this is so sweet, the ribbon is a perfect idea for the vertical part of the sketch.

Hugs
Brenda

~ Ali ~ said...

Oh i love this...fab!

Ali x