Followers

Thursday, 5 January 2012

For You

It's been a very mixed week for me this week - life is full of ups and downs and I'm a great believer in everything happens for a reason, even if I don't always know what that reason is at the time. To take my mind of certain issues I spent an enjoyable evening in my craft area making this card which is based on Day 2 from the Card a Day book.

For You

Green is not one of my favourite colours, but I'm quite pleased with this card not only with the way it turned out but also because I used only papers and cards from the scraps box - it will be empty one day! I used a sentiment stamp from a retired SU Hostess set called Something to Celebrate to create my top border strip - I inked the stamp up with SU's Sahara Sand. The tag sentiment is SU's retired Welcoming Words set, the scallop circle is punched out after stamping one of the scalloped circle stamps from last years Sale-a-bration set called Punch Bunch. I also used one of their jumbo rollers called Friendly Words which is in their current catalogue. The soft coloured ribbon is from an Artful delights kit I believe, button, flower and pearl from stash.

5 comments:

Marja Rolfes said...

Dear Linda, so sorry for the downs, praying for more ups!! Love the card, it's good to distract the mind with crafting!!!
And, sure, I am going to post pictures of the "before" and "after" of my craftroom!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

catherine said...

this is a really nice stylish card and I love the colours
x catherine

Saxo Stamper said...

This is truly beautiful Linda, and what gorgeous colours. I am sorry you are not having a good week, hope it sorts itself out.

Lou says thank you for the beautiful new home card - she has no internet at home until BT sort her out so she can't thank you personally but she asked me to say thank you on her behalf.

Love K x

Heli said...

Very stylish card, and I think its the mix of colours work really well. Here's to more ups for you x

Lucy said...

Hope you're ok x