Followers

Friday, 13 January 2012

Clean and Simple

I decided to sign up for the online class for Clean & Simple cards which is being run by Kristina Werner, Jennifer Mcguire and Julie Ebersole and I have not been disappointed with their ideas each day. Clean and Simple is not something I normally do, but I wanted to try this as for those cards I need to post it will certainly help with costs.

Here is my first card using one of the ideas I was given on Day 1 of the class which started on Monday - lots of other crafting has been done this week so there is no surprise that I am already behind with the class. Having said that there is no rush to complete each day as you can download a PDF of each class for future reference.

CAS 1

I have used a card from a pack of Jenni Bowlin craft cards and envelopes and a couple of stamps from a Hero Arts set which co-ordinate with the Basic Grey Life of the Party collection - both of these came with my December Artful Delights card kit - love those kits! I've used SU Taken with Teal ink pad to stamp the spotty background and then the co-ordinating marker pen to create the dashed line border. The sentiment and the bunting came from the Hero Arts set and I've stamped the bunting onto the card and then again onto a scrap of card. The bunting was then cut out and decoupaged onto the card for a bit of dimension.


I've had a couple of early mornings this week and new hours - I started at 5am and finished at 9.30am - so just as my working day is ending most peoples is only just starting. Although it's not the best time to get up in the morning especially as I had to de-ice the car a little today but once I get going I really don't mind and it leaves me the rest of the day to do what I need/want to do. I have got the weekend off and I am hoping it will be dry so that I can go out and do some tidying up in the garden as well as give my car a good wash. Hope you have a good weekend whatever you may be doing.

5 comments:

Marja Rolfes said...

Very good card!!! Love the teal color on the craft cardstock!
Enjoy your weekend off Linda!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Jill said...

I like that CAS idea! Those hours would suit me really well!! Jill x

catherine said...

Your card is fab. I found these hard as I sometimes never know when to stop. You have just the right amount on here to make it stand out. I'm up the same time as you in the mornings .Waiting for it to get a bit lighter
x catherine

My name is Wynneth said...

I really love this card Linda, such a great colour combo putting the Teal with the Kraft cardstock. Love that dotty background and your mini bunting is just perfect. I know you'll love the CAS way of designing when you get into it, I do.
luv
wynneth
x

Julie said...

Hello Linda, thanks for the comments on my bird card. I like the teal and Kraft you used here! I'm taking the class as well but I've not made one single card yet!I hope I find time in the next few days.