Followers

Saturday, 21 January 2012

A beautiful thing - Less is More challenge 51

Yesterday evening I went and stayed at my friend Lisa's house for the night - it's been a long time since I've done that. It also meant it had been a long time since I had been spoilt and cooked a lovely English breakfast by her hubby Andy - delicious. This was then followed by a nice walk into Newton for a shopping trip. We picked up a couple of bargains in the craft sale section at Austin's and then went to the Craft Room where I picked up another flower punch and the Fall set of Tim Holtz distress inks. Once the shopping was over it was time for lunch before heading back to Lisa's for some 'playtime'.

cas 2
We decided to check out this week Less is More challenge and I even got Lisa to complete a card for the challenge. Our cards are similar, but Lisa added hearts to her card to make it a Valentine's card for her hubby, whereas mine is a more general card. We used the SU Four Frames stamp set and stamped once onto the base card and then second stamped it onto a spare piece of card. The second stamped image was cut out using the co-ordinating SU frame punch and then we cut the oval aperture out of the stamped image to create the aperture for our LIM card. I cut two slits on the image on the card to slide the ribbon through and added foam pads to raise the aperture frame on top. The sentiment stamp is from a retired SU set Lisa had which I can't remember the name of so if anyone knows could they let me know please. I've gone for the monochromatic look again this week but used SU's Poppy Parade ink, ribbon and a scrap of card which I have punched a butterfly out of.

14 comments:

Suzilou said...

Such an elegant stylish card, love the frame and great sentiment :)

Mandi said...

Simply beautiful Linda
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chrissie said...

This looks gorgeous Linda... I'm glad you had a great stay with your friend... it sounds like you had fun!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Victoria said...

This is so elegant. The red gives it a lovely pop! Sounds like a great day!

angelwhispers said...

Sounds like you had a fab time and enjoyed crafting too how wonderful! Love your less is more you really have the knack for these!! Chanelle xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

This is just plain gorgeous Linda, I'm weakening and think I really do need to get the lable punch - did you use an SU oval for the centre cut out too? Love that sentiment, pity it's retired !! Sounds like you had a great time at Lisa's and enjoyed a little retail therapy too as well as play time - fabulous ! I'm hoping to get a LIM entry done this week as I'm doing a little crafting again now.
luv
wynneth
x

Deborah Frings said...

Sounds like you're having a super weekend!! Which is as it should be. I do like the sentiment in your card. It's lovely!

Beryl K said...

A very beautiful card. I love it
Beryl x

Bea said...

very elegant looking card

catherine said...

Beautiful and the red is so striking
x catherine

Claire said...

Beautiful card hun, love the little cut out for the sentiment. Hugs, Claire x

Margaret said...

Fab card Linda
Margaret x

Saxo Stamper said...

this is just beautiful Linda, I love the colours and the whole thing just goes so well together.

K x

Saxo Stamper said...

PS I am glad you are doing more of this type of thing than the "dark" stuff you were doing !