Followers

Wednesday, 18 January 2012

3 Patterned Papers = 1 LO + 6 cards

Well I managed to stay awake yesterday evening and not only completed the LO for the Sketches in Thyme challenge, but also made six cards with the left over pieces of paper. I was determined that the left overs were not going to go in the scrap box.


jan lo


The papers are from We R Memory keepers, two of them were double sided and the other one was a sheet of different borders. I've used photos from our walk around Kit Hill on Saturday and I'm going to try and do a LO each month of the year when Ian and myself go out together. We even managed to get a silly photo of us, not the most flattering of looks but it was cold! The aim will be to try and somehow incorporate a photo of us each time too. The mini alphabets came with an Artful Delights kit I believe - love mini alphabets.




One of the border sheets had a lovely sentiment on which I decided to use to create my Valentines card for Ian this year - very non traditional colours but I think the sentiment was just perfect. I've also used the Happy Valentine stamp that came with one of my Avocado Arts stamp sets. This card also fits the challenge on Ruby's Rainbow challenge blog so am entering it for that.


valentine ian


Finally with the remaining scraps I created five simple cards and used an SU stamp set called Love Ya Bunches another set I got from America a couple of years ago. I also had some matching embossed stickers which I have used on two of the cards. I also used a Creative Memories fancy square punch for two of the cards.


scraps


Now this evening I should be making a 40th birthday card for our friend Neil whose birthday is on Saturday - again this all depends on whether I can stay awake long enough.


11 comments:

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Linda

I love the scrapbook layout - it's beautiful and captures everything perfectly, what a great picture of you and Ian and brings back memories of a rather windy trip we had up there with you !

Love your cards too and what a great idea to create with the scraps rather than put them in the scrap box.

K x

Jill said...

What a great use of the leftovers Linda. Great LO as well - sometimes you have to scrap the silly photos!! Jill x

catherine said...

Love the layout. You may good use of what was left over.
x catherine

Heli said...

Your inspiring me again, I am sure that I could manage 1 layout a month, I will give it a go. I love the colours of the valentines card, masculine but cute. I really love the little bird....I want one of my own :)

Marja Rolfes said...

One word: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You did so well with the LO and the cards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

angelwhispers said...

My wow Linda you are busy and soooo good. The layout is just wonderful and the papers are just perfect with these photos and then you also make 6 wonderful cards gosh you go girl!!! Love Chanelle xxx

Joni Parker said...

Beautiful layout...totally love the title work!! Very interesting!!

Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!!

* Shaz * said...

Fabulous LO & cards!

Thank you for joining us at Ruby's Rainbow for our * Valentines/Red & Black * challenge

hope you will join us again soon xx

Basslady said...

wonderful LO and a super-cute card!

thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Erin Reed said...

Wonderful take on the sketch, I love your layout!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Sketches in Thyme, I hope you come back and play again!!

PS I am now a new follower of your blog, I hope you can pop by my blog and follow me too - http://scraps-of-reflections.blogspot.com/

Jinny Newlin said...

These papers are absolutely gorgeous! And I LOVE that you made so many, beautiful cards with the extras! Brilliant! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Sketches in Thyme!