Followers

Saturday, 31 December 2011

No time like the present

It was another early start for me today and it was supposed to have been a 10 1/2 hour shift, but thankfully as we were fairly quiet we had permission to close two hours early. This meant I got home at a reasonable time and while enjoying a much needed cup of tea I started browsing my favourite challenge blogs and found that the Jingle Belles challenges have started for 2012. As I needed to make sure I didn't fall asleep this afternoon as I have been prone to doing the past couple of weeks it provided me with the much needed mental stimulation to keep me awake.



jingle belles 1



" Make a holiday card that incorporates GIFT WRAP: as a background, as an accent, or using motifs cut from your favorite wrapping paper
OR
Make a holiday card with an image of present(s) on it! "

I opted to use both, the wrapping paper had a nice holographic effect and I've used it as my backing paper. I then stamped one of the images from one of my Stamps for Life sets called Penguins 4 Christmas onto black cardstock and used silver embossing powder to tie in with the holographic background (the sentiment also came in the set). It was then a simple case of matting and layering onto black glitter card and white cardstock.



If I try to keep them relatively simple each time I may be able to keep up with the challenges this year. In my defence thought I did change jobs which meant I had to adjust to vary days/hours, our beautiful grandson Logan being such a wonderful part of our lives and Colette and Tim bringing their wedding forward a year which meant lots of invitations, favours and organisation. This year, other than another new arrival I don't think there are too many major events which will distract me as much.

10 comments:

lauren bergold said...

oooooooooooooh! how ♥GORGEOUS♥ is that super-sparkly holographic background giftwrap... and it's the perfect setting for the wonderful present stamp and sentiment! these are glorious and all the moreso that you've got *SIX* cards completed for xmas 2012 when 2011 isn't even quite over yet! well done, you, and we're thrilled that you'll be ♥JINGLING♥ along with us this year!!! :)

Leslie Hanna said...

You've made 6 of these?!?! Show-off!!! (I KID!) I LOVE these! And I hope to make 3 of my design. :)

My Beautiful World said...

So nice to meet you just found your beautiful blog and so happy I did. I have enjoyed looking around and I'm now following you, if you find a spare minute hope you visit me sometime and follow back so nice to meet new friends. Sending you special wishes for a wonderful New Year I’m looking forward to keeping in touch in 2012.
Always Wendy

SmilynStef said...

Love love love that holographic background ... and those presents are fabulous too ... and look at you the over-achiever ... way to go ... so glad you're joining our Jingle Belles fun in 2012.

Electra said...

I love that you've used gifts in both ways! And that paper is gorgeous!

Deb Hickman said...

What a great start, six cards already. I love your holographic wrapping paper and the presents image is gorgeous, great monochromatic look.xxx

Barbara said...

Wow, you really got off to a good start! Awesome!

Marie B. said...

Wow, fabby cards! And "6" of them to boot! Well done, and beauties too! :)

Lorraine said...

You've blended that background and image wonderfully. Looks like you're off to a running start!

Rose said...

not 1 but 6 merry and bright fab cards girl :)