Followers

Thursday, 1 December 2011

Just Tracy's Monthly Challenge - Celebrations

jt dec



The challenge this month on Just Tracy's is all about Celebrations, special birthdays, special anniversary or any other special occasion you can think of. Just Tracy's craft shop is sponsoring this months challenge. It doesn't have to be a card to enter the challenge, anything you want to create will count providing you use the theme of special occasion - why not have a go and win yourself a prize from Just Tracy's.






Last Friday it was our youngest son's 21st birthday - can't believe he is that old already, just how did my baby grow up so quick? I made this card by creating a background using one of the stamps from the Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set from SU and then stamped just the balloon onto different coloured scraps of paper. These were then cut out and stuck on the base card. I even used my neglected Cricut machine to cut out the numbers and the word today to add to the card using a retired SU designer paper. A simple card, but as it was an 8 x 8 inch card it still had enough impact to make it stand out on this special occasion - Bryan really liked it which is what really counts.






To celebrate his 21st birthday we all went for a nice meal but silly me, despite taking my camera with me forgot to take any photos - I can't believe I missed the photo opportunity for such a special occasion!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love your card Linda, think I recognise the paper! Jill x

Janet said...

Linda - this is a great card. Happy Belated birthday to your youngest. They do grow up way too fast, don't they :)