Followers

Friday, 16 December 2011

12 Days Smeared Ink Day 8

A day late, but yesterday was very busy for me and I didn't get to finish the card in time. I've been out again today, but have finally managed to complete the card for Day 8.

12 days 8

The main image is the Candy Cane Angel from Crafts and Me - don't think my colouring has really done the gorgeous stamp justice. I've stamped her onto Whisper White cardstock and coloured in using Copics. I've used an inverted corner punch to go with the design. The edges of the papers and the flowers have been inked using Brilliance dew drop ink pad in Red Gold. The sentiment came from an SU Hostess stamp set and punched using an SU label punch.

DSCF9350

Today I went to Cotehele house to see the dried flower garden in the main entrance hall - it truly was beautiful. It wasn't easy to take a photo showing all of it at once as it is huge and stretches from one side of the room to the other. They do this every year and each year is different so I can see this becoming a tradition each year now.

garland 1

Can you imagine the hours of work that must have gone into making this beautiful display?


This evening I really must get round to finishing off writing out my Christmas cards and wrapping up the presents I have already bought. The cards need to get posted tomorrow and then once the presents are wrapped up I will know how much more I have left to do on Monday - I will be dragging Ian into town to finish off the present shopping as I know he will enjoy it so much!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Love the colours in your card and that garland is wonderful isn't it. Have been up the at Christmas for ages, maybe I should book myself in to do it next year!! Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

You have done some really lovely things just recently Linda, I like looking at your blog because you do things that are a little different to the norm.

K xx