Followers

Friday, 25 November 2011

Back to last weekend

Over the next few days I thought I would share some of the LO's and cards I made while I was away on my crafting retreat last weekend. Despite the copious amounts of stash I took with me I was determined to make the 8 x 8 LO's with primarily scraps from my bottomless scraps box. Once I'd made a LO any scraps that were left over I used to make a card and anything left over from that I very bravely threw away - did you hear that Heli? - I threw them away!


logan 1

The first LO is a rare photo with me in it! Colette took this when we went to Buckfastleigh with Logan at Easter. Ian was driving the trains that day so we thought we would take Logan to see his Grandad driving them - unfortunately and typically the train was late so there was a lot of waiting around and by the time Ian turned up Logan was fast asleep.


I have no idea of paper manufacturers but I was just glad to be making a start on using up some of those scraps. The embellisments and alphabets came from kits I have subscribed to. Here is the card I made using the leftover scraps with the addition of one of the stamps I get each month from Little Claires - isn't he sweet? I've coloured him in using Copics and just added a few buttons with tiny strips of paper threaded through and wound round my pricking tool - this was an idea I copied from Jenny Moors a fabulous SU demo.

scraps 3

I will share some more LO's and cards over the next couple of days, but on the Monday I was extremely brave and went through the scraps box and ruthlessly threw out lots of bits of card and paper that I knew I would never ever use - yes I could have punched shapes out of them but I was determined to see the pile go down - I felt an amazing sense of liberation after I had done the deed.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Great card and LO Linda. Gosh that was brave! My bit boxe4s are full to bursting but I really CAN'T throw any of it away!! Jill x

Marja Rolfes said...

Hey Linda, what a cute picture of you and your Grandson!!!! Beautiful LO!!!! I love the card, that boy is so cute!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja