Followers

Saturday, 12 November 2011

Alter Something - Smudgy Antics challenge

It was a bit of a rush to get this completed in time for the Smudgy Antics challenge, but I'm pleased I made the effort. The challenge this week was to alter something. Now a while back I saved some cardboard packaging that came with something or other and thought maybe I could make use of that one day - well that day came this week!

alter

To start with I covered the packaging with a cream coloured acrylic paint which I'd bought from Just Tracy's craft shop a long time ago (initially to decorate my advent boxes - still to be done!) and then covered with a variety of Tim Holtz distress inks. I've used a heart background stamp from Unity and a freebie vine type stamp that came with a crafting magazine. The woodgrain circle is a Hero Arts stamp which I embossed with gold embossing powder before cutting out with a circle nestie and then using some more distress inks to give it some colour. Finally I added the fantastic Cornelius image from Smeared Ink - he's one of a set of gothic fairies - love them all and think I might find some more packaging and make a set of them (one day).

7 comments:

~Lady B~ said...

Gorgeous work! Love it! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics this week!

Jill said...

Glad you made use of the cardboard Linda!! Looks like a great use of it as well!! Jill x

Heli said...

Love it Linda, you could easily frame it and make a set :) I'd have it on my wall!

ike said...

This is really cool. Great way to use packaging. I love the colouring on your image. Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics this week.
Ike xxxxxxxxx

monique said...

turned out beatiful, love the colours you used. Thanks for playing with us at Smudgy Antics

blackdragon said...

Your a lady after my own heart...i save everything.... and i do mean everything! I love this and a set using all the goth fearies would be wonderful.
Thank you so much for playing along at SMUDGY ANTICS this week...love lynx

MaRyKaY said...

love that image0 love the way you colored him. yepper I'm the same way I never throw anything away myself. especially plastic packaging. im addicted to those