Followers

Thursday, 27 October 2011

Sparkle with Crafty Purple Frog

This weeks theme on the Crafty Purple Frog challenge blog is Sparkle and I thought I would make a Christmas card using the Poinsettia Fairy Decoupage. This was such a gorgeous image to work with and I loved all the layers - it really does give the image such great depth.
close up
I've used some DCWV papers and some scraps from the scrap box to create the background. Marianne die cuts were used to create the poinsettias and they have been inked using Brilliance ink pads to give a bit of shimmer and also I added some ultra fine glitter for extra sparkle. I also added some glitter to certain areas of the main image too. Swirls came from a Sizzix die and the sentiment also came from the same DCWV set as the papers. I finished the card off with some ribbon from my stash.
cpf

8 comments:

Larisa said...

Fantastic job! Love this 3D effect on card.

Marja Rolfes said...

The colors are fabulous Linda!!! She is colored very beautifully!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Claire said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Linda, the image is stunning, the colours work so swell together and I love the layout and added embellies which give it such a soft feel. Love it. Hugs, Claire x

My name is Wynneth said...

Just gorgeous Linda - that is a beautiful image and, whilst not a great fan of decoupage, I agree that it gives great depth to the design.

Looking forward to seeing you this evening.

luv
wynneth
x

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

wow girl this is GORGEOUS!!!

Jill said...

Just love the colours Linda, sooo pretty! Jill x

CraftyC said...

Stunning card Linda!
Clairexx

kaos said...

Lovely card - interesting colour combination, but works really well!

hugs
kaos