Followers

Sunday, 23 October 2011

Beware - Smeared Ink Challenge

With the wedding now over I've finally got some time to do some crafting for myself. With this in mind I wanted to try and start doing some challenges again. Today's offering is for Smudgy Antics the Smeared Ink challenge blog - something different to cute for a change. Their challenge this week which I am just about submitting in time is entitled Skull Time, it can be anything you want so long as there is an image of a skull there and you have used one of their images to complete the challenge.

sas 2310

I've used some leftover Rusty Pickle scraps as my background to my card and then downloaded the Beware digi image from the Smeared Ink shop and coloured in using my Promarkers. I've also stamped out one of the images from the now retired SU Pirates Beware stamp set and cut out using a circle nestie. The edges have been inked using Tim Holtz distress inks and I've wrapped some net type ribbon around the circle which has helped to create a star or as Ian thought the points of a compass image - this was completely by chance.


Also today we had the pleasure of looking after Logan and we took him and Max for a lovely walk around Stover Country Park - the sun was shining and the wind had dropped so it really was a pleasant walk in the Autumn sunshine.

DSCF9010

I love this time of year when the leaves are changing colour. We saw a couple of squirrels and lots of birds on the lake - not quite sure what Logan made of me making quacking noises every now and then, but it seemed to amuse him.

DSCF9018

When we got back home we had lunch and then popped around to see both sets of great grandparents before taking him back home to mum and dad who had been busy putting up skirting boards, coving and painting a few walls in their lounge.


Lots of early starts for me this week, but we have a weekend away with our friends Karen and Phillip to look forward to at the end of it which will as usual be great fun.

1 comment:

My name is Wynneth said...

This is fabulous Linda, I love how you pulled all the different images and elements together - very clever. It's great how your net fabric created the stars/compass points, just perfect.

Sounds like you had a busy day ! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow for a crafty play :o)
luv
wynneth
x