Followers

Monday, 26 September 2011

Who would be a mermaid fair

Oops a little late posting my Queen Kat project for this week - been busy trying to sort out wedding bouquets and buying sugared almonds for the favours.


qkd fb1

I've used the Porcelain image again this week by Terra Bidlespacher to create a simple card. I've paper pieced parts of the image and coloured the rest in with my Promarkers. The background paper is retired SU designer papers which I think gave the impression of the mermaid sitting on branches of seaweed. I also managed to find this lovely quote by Lord Alfred Tennyson which I think went perfectly with the image. Finally I used a Martha Stewart punch to create a decorative border down the side.

3 comments:

Jill said...

What a really fun card Linda! Really love your 'seaweed'!! Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

she looks a little sad:(

Lovely card Linda

K x

Heli said...

your right it really does give the impression that she is sitting on seaweed, and I have seen the expression on her face somewhere........oh yes my daughter when she is not getting her own way!!