Followers

Monday, 5 September 2011

Lily Bloom - QKD - Artist Samantha Nowak

It's Monday again and time for another Queen Kat new release. This month I have got to play with two sweet female images. The first of my cards is by the artist Samantha Nowak


qkd fb 2


I've used papers from my August card kit and created a decorative embellishment to go at the top of the card to add to the ballroom feel of the image. Lily Bloom has been stamped onto SU's Very Vanilla cardstock and cut out with a decorative nestie and the edges inked with Tim Holtz Wild Honey and Weathered Wood. I've paper pieced her dress with a scrap of the card kit papers and used some of the dictionary page papers that also came with the kit and then inked the edges before roughly pleating the paper to create a decorative strip across the card. Some glitter was added to the wings of the image although that doesn't really show up in the photo. Small gems added to the corners for some extra bling. The sentiment came from QKD Whimsical Ink monthly stamp kit - just one of many that come with the set. I've used the sketch from Sassy Lil' August Week 3 sketch which I'm really enjoying working with just lately.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Ooh love your use of that tape Linda and your gorgeous mix of yellows! Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

Lovely colours Linda, you've done a super job with this project.

Hugs K x

My name is Wynneth said...

This is gorgeous Linda, such a pretty image and I just love the distressed elements - especially love the torn dictionary paper.
luv
wynneth
x

artfuldelight said...

Gorgeous card!