Followers

Tuesday, 2 August 2011

Scrap Cards

Here are a couple of cards I put together using the scraps left over from the LO I did on Saturday. Usually I just put the papers in the scrap box but this time I made a determined effort to use them so that my scraps pile doesn't get any bigger. The base card is SU's River Rock.


scrap 2
For the first card I made another one of the rosette flowers adding a button to the centre as well this time. Then used just a couple of strips of the paper, added some twine I bought from Just Tracy's a while back and stamped the Anna Griffin sentiment in the bottom right corner using SU's Bravo Burgandy ink pad.


scrap 1


The second card is SU's River Rock again as the base card and I've used a Kanban decorative background stamp with River Rock ink pad to create a subtle pattern at the top of the card. Three strips of the My Minds Eye scraps across the bottom. I've then punched out a decorative label using an SU punch and added another Anna Griffin sentiment. The card was finished off with a Prima butterfly. Both quick and simple and all scraps of paper used up!


5 comments:

Jill said...

Well done Linda using up the scraps, mine always go straight into the bit box! Maybe we ought to have a card get together and we are only allowed to make cards with scraps!! Jill x

Claire x said...

What a fabulous idea - these are absolutely gorgeous Linda. My scraps box is getting to a ridiculous height - I must use more and these cards are very inspiring to do just that! Hugs, Claire x

Faye said...

These are both so elegant and stylish. My fav is with the flutterby. xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

They are both stunning Linda - I love your colour choices and I really must try one of those rosettes myself, they look fabulous !

See you tomorrow.
luv
wynneth
x

Saxo Stamper said...

Lidnda, these are gorgeous, what a great colour combination. well done on using some of those scraps up.

K x