Followers

Sunday, 28 August 2011

Non traditional Christmas colours

Where the last week went I do not know - I had very little time for crafting or blogging, but thankfully did manage to catch up with a couple of friends I haven't seen for a while.

I finally got chance to start to make something yesterday morning before going to work and finished it off yesterday evening. I made this Christmas card using the Sassy Lil' sketches from their August Week 1 sketch


sassy 1


Most of the items I've used have come from the lovely Artful Designs August card kit with just a few additions from my stash. The kit is now sold out, but the new September kit will be fully revealed next week. In the kit came a lovely set of stamps from Inkadinkado called Garden Gate which I have used to stamp onto my base card using Tim Holtz Vintage Paper and then Wild Honey around the edges of the card. I also used the same stamp using Versamark onto one of the pieces of paper which come with the kit and then used gold embossing powder. The tree image is one of the Kanban Christmas stamps and the sentiment came from one of my other sentiment collections - not sure of the manufacturer but think it was Butterfly Kisses. I used SU punches for the sentiment. All the other items apart from the gems, a scrap of brown and blue card and gold elastic cord came with the kit, including the little chipboard bunting, ribbon and vintage button.




I did manage to get some knitting done during the week, although I also spent a lot of time unpicking it as well. I'd already done five pattern repeats without any problems, but the last five before it was divided for fronts and back just would not fall into place. Then to top it off I read the decrease row incorrectly - twice - before finally getting back on track with it - phew!!! All I've got to do now is try and find another stitch holder so that I can continue.




Eeyore also had a few stitches added to him during the week so my end of September deadline is looking promising, although I have a few DT projects that I must get completed over the next couple of days.




Work looks set to get busier as I am going to be trained up as a Team Leader so I could be working more hours each week so crafting time will be even more precious, but I'm oddly enough looking forward to the new challenge. Who knows it might even make me become a bit more organised!

4 comments:

Claire x said...

WOW gorgeous card Linda - I love these colours, so different for Christmas, but they absolutely work for me. Hugs, Claire x

Tracy said...

Love the card Linda, I have had no knitting MOJO this last week so feel your pain - all that unpicking. Enjoy our new challenge at work.
Tracy xx

Jill said...

Now that is what I call a really gorgeous card Linda, what a beautiful image and I just love the way you have adorned it with jewels, wonderful colours as well. Jill x

Tracey said...

Beautiful card.....I love the non traditional colours and the touch of Bling is really pretty!