Followers

Thursday, 4 August 2011

My first DT project for the Crafty Purple Frog challenge

Today sees another challenge over at the Crafty Purple Frog challenge blog and this is my first week as part of the DT. The challenge this week is Anything but a Card - now you don't have to use Crafty Purple Frog images to join in with the challenges, but if you do then you will be entered twice into the draw to win the challenge prize.


cpf outside
I have opted to make a simple gift for the gardeners in this world. I've made a seed holder which will probably hold about three packets of seeds, although I only had the one packet to put inside mine. I've used the lovely Sunflower Mermaid decoupage sheet to decorate the outside of the seed holder. The cardstock is from SU and the main colour is Daffodil Delight. The image has been matted onto some retired SU designer papers and Tempting Turquoise cardstock. The edge of the card has been cut using an X Cut doily border punch and the sentiment is from Papermania.


cpf inside


The sentiment shows up when either open or closed and I thought very appropriate for the gardeners of this world as all plants need sunshine to grow. A couple of brads keep the bottom of the holder in place so that the top can tuck inside.

4 comments:

angelwhispers said...

a fab creation just love it and the colours and image just perfect. Chanelle xxx

Jill said...

Ha that's a fun idea Linda - great bit of decoupage there! Jill x

Saxo Stamper said...

Morning Linda, this is just lovely and what a great way to start your Design Team work with them.

Perfect gift.

hugs K x

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Linda, what a lovely seed holder you have made. This image is one of the first ones I bought and it started my addiction. I shall enjoy working on the DT with you. Best wishes, Kym xxx