Followers

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Fun in the Sun

At the end of June this year, Bryan our youngest decided to have a BBQ. Both David and Colette were also at our house with their families - the only person missing was me :( I was at work all day! David brought Connor and Elisha's pool down for them to play in and while it was being filled up Elisha jumped straight in and started waving the hose around. David turned the hose off, which puzzled Elisha as to where the water had gone. Natural curiosity made her look down the hose and then David turned the hose back on so it squirted into Elisha's face - she loved it and obviously it gave everyone watching a good laugh too. Thankfully Ian took lots of photos so that I could capture the moment on a LO.



fun sun 2



I've used the August sketch from Artful Delight but instead of using just one large photo I have used 6 smaller photos to fill the same area so that the story could be captured better. The papers, cardstock and brads all came from a DCWV drawer kit I got from QVC a long time ago - very bright but captures the cheery atmosphere. The flowers and cord are from my stash and I've used a Hero Arts stitch border design around the edges of the cardstock using SU White Craft ink and also did some faux stitching around the patterned paper. The sticker which came with the same kit was matted and layered for the title and the paper already had a fantastic design on which enabled me to do my journalling.

8 comments:

Claire x said...

This is a lovely LO - lovely colours and embellies. Hugs, Claire x

Jill said...

Ooh what a lovely bright LO Linda, gorgeous bunch of flowers and such cute piccies as well! Jill x

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Linda.Beautiful page . Thanks for sharing lovely photos . Love how the background really keeps to the Blue wavy water theme and I see you journalled in blue I think?
Geogeous flowers too .

DIANA L. said...

Very cute layout. The embellishments are really nice the littles are cute to.

DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

This is a wonderful interpretation of the sketch! I really like your green string looped around; very cool embellishment. Your prima flowers are perfectly coordinated and the pictures are precious.

Amanda Johnson said...

I love the bright colors! I really like how where you wrote in your journaling, and that you added more photos! Great layout! :)

Court said...

What a sweetie! :) Thank you so much for playing along with our sketch challenge at Artful Delight!

Debbie said...

Love your colors choices and the multi photos!!! Great layout! Thanks for joining us at Artful Delight!