Followers

Friday, 19 August 2011

Bee Amazed

At the end of July we visited The Malverns for the first time with our friends Phil and Jen and enjoyed several hours walking across them - the scenary was breathtaking and it was such a lovely sunny day too. We're going back there in September for a midweek break so hopefully the weather will be kind to us again.

amazed
I made this LO using one of the photos we took while walking along The Malverns - have to confess Ian took this one. I've used the sketch from Scrap with V and two papers from the August Scrapbook Circle kit which are from Echo Park's Country Drive range, they are gorgeous and suited the photo just right I think. Apart from the base card and the pink card everything came from the kit. I've used an Elusive Image (or Chocolate Baroque as they are known now) stamp set to stamp out the various sized flowers using SU's Soft Suede. The foliage die cut is also from SU and I toned down the bright pink card with the same ink. The large alphabets came from my stash but the mini alpahbet came with the set. The papers were double sided so I still have loads more paper left from the kit - all I need to do now is make some cards with the scraps from the LO.

3 comments:

My name is Wynneth said...

Great LO Linda, that's a fabulous photo. Nice colour choices too - have I seen that SU! foliage punch? It looks very much like it ought to be in my stash !! LOL Looking forward to seeing you this evening.
hugs
wynneth
x

Jill said...

Gorgeous Linda and I love your flower in the corner as well! Jill x

Lisa Andrews said...

Beautiful photo! I really like how you cut pieces out from the yellow paper so the pink can show through.