Followers

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

3 Little Monkeys and a card

Last night I got to finish off another LO I had started at the Exeter crop on Saturday. The LO is based on a sketch which I found on the Scrapbook Circle blog - I've also used some of the papers which came with their July Blast Off kit.

3 little monkeys

I've rotated the sketch 90 degrees to fit my photos. I finally got round to using my spritzer which I bought from SU many months ago and added some blasts of colour to the white cardstock. All of the elements came from the kit apart from the stamped monkey images which come from the SU Fox & Friends stamp set.

scrap card

From the small amount of scrap paper left over I made this quick and simple card. This is the reverse side of the green paper - completely different. All I've done is added a ribbon along the centre of the card and stamped a greeting from a Whimsical sentiment set I have and cut it out using an SU oval punch and matted it onto a scalloped oval also from SU.


I'm taking a couple of friends up to the lovely wool shop in Bovey Tracy this afternoon - now the only thing I need to buy are some double pointed needles, I've made a note of the size I require so hopefully I shouldn't forget to purchase them. I need them to finish my mystery project, hopefully nothing else will drop in my basket as I have plenty to be getting on with as it is - a sentiment echoed by one of my crafting friends - we'll see if we can both resist!

3 comments:

Claire x said...

Fab LO Jill - love the pics and a super card too. I think Linda may have inspired you to use your scraps. Hugs, Claire x

Marja Rolfes said...

Dear Linda, what a beautiful layout with the monkeys!!!I love your card! The bow is beautiful!
THanks for your sweet emails!! It warms my heart!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

My name is Wynneth said...

Gorgeous LO and a really fabby card Linda. Thanks so much for taking us to Bovey Tracy. And - for all your readers - we didn't manage to resist all the yummy fabulousness in the yarn shop but I think we are all chuffed to bits with our purchases, I know I am !!
luv
wynneth
x