Followers

Sunday, 7 August 2011

1st Day at School

I've made this card for Connor as he is due to start school in September and once again I've used the scraps from my last LO. I thought I would offer to buy him his new school bag, lunch bag and drink holder and wrap it up for him with this card.


day at school
The base card is Night of Navy again and I've used some of the alphabet paper (the reverse side of the blue dotty paper) as the background. The wording paper is the reverse side of the striped paper and I've matted this onto some of the blue dotty paper and then added a Whiff of Joy stamped owl onto this. The mini alphabets came from my alphabet stash (didn't realise I had so many until I sorted them out last week). I've nearly used up all the scraps from these papers so I will now allow myself to create something with different papers next week. I am determined at the moment to get that stash pile down!!!

5 comments:

angelwhispers said...

Linda this is fab what a great 1st day at school card just love it and I bet Connor does too! Chanelle xxx

Jill said...

Where on earth has time gone that he is starting school! Such a BIG day for him! Jill x

Sandy said...

A fabulous card, love the little owl and the papers look fab on the Night of Navy card,
Sandy

Marja Rolfes said...

Such a cool card! Very smart idea to wrap the stuff up with this card!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Saxo Stamper said...

crikey, how scary is that, first day at school for Connor, I can remember when he was born - seems like the blink of an eye. I am sure he will love it all.

K x